Glad it worked for you too! I was skeptical about what I'd loose by running the media tool, but was rather surprised at how well it worked, with only a couple of side effects. I was pleasantly surprised at how well and how easy running the tool was. Was actually a lot less brain damage than trying to circumvent the problem!
Can't install KB5005565 update
Hello,
I'm running Windows 10, version 21H1 on a PC Desktop. I never had a problem installing updates until now. Now when I try installing Update KB5005565, it says it installed 100%, then gives me an error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)". I've tried running the update troubleshooter and it said it couldn't detect any problems. I rebooted the computer and tried to install it again, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else ran into this problem?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-10-10T17:01:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-10-17T07:21:55+00:00 I finally relented to using the Media Creation Tool. I was concerned about my Office license.
Thankfully this worked very well and my Windows 10 took all the updates after this. I was then able to upgrade to Windows 11 without issue.
My Office didn't need a new license!
Everything works well.
I still think this is a long fix to this issue which a lot of people are having. But at least it worked for me!
Thanks to everyone here for your assistance!
Regards
Alan
-
Anonymous
2021-10-17T07:41:28+00:00 Glad to help. 😀
-
Anonymous
2021-10-21T17:52:36+00:00 I finally solved the problem with the Media Cration Tool too. Thanks community
-
Anonymous
2021-10-25T18:31:26+00:00 Indeed, The Media Creation Tool method (in situ upgrade to the same version of Windows) is what fixed this issue for me.