Can't install KB5005565 update

Anonymous
2021-09-21T01:17:36+00:00

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10, version 21H1 on a PC Desktop. I never had a problem installing updates until now. Now when I try installing Update KB5005565, it says it installed 100%, then gives me an error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)". I've tried running the update troubleshooter and it said it couldn't detect any problems. I rebooted the computer and tried to install it again, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-04T01:51:56+00:00

    As stated by many other users. We've tried these already. I also googled the problem and tried a few other things not already suggested and nothing has worked. This is obviously a problem with the update and not a problem with our systems. I wish MS would look into this and get this resolved

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-04T05:26:35+00:00

    I confirm. I have problem installing KB5005565 and now I can't install KB5005611 also.

    I have a new PC , win 10 pro, AMD 5900, Asus x570 e, Nvidia 3060, Samsung 980 pro, with latest updates and firmwares

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-04T09:20:01+00:00

    I finally found a solution after a month long frustration of troubleshooting. I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and although it took a long time to install, it finally did the job. I thought my system hanged because it really took hours. But I'm glad it did its job. Try it out and see if it works for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-04T09:22:14+00:00

    I finally found a solution after a month long frustration of troubleshooting. I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and although it took a long time to install, it finally did the job. I thought my system hanged because it really took hours. But I'm glad it did its job. Try it out and see if it works for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-04T14:38:13+00:00

    Yeah, same here. I finally became brave enough to pull the trigger on the in-place update and seems to have worked. It took about an hour to run and so far, seems like all my apps and settings were retained.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments