I am also struggling with this issue. Am currently trying this to fiz it, but nothing seems to work. They NEED to get a fix for this if so many people are struggling with the update!
Can't install KB5005565 update
Hello,
I'm running Windows 10, version 21H1 on a PC Desktop. I never had a problem installing updates until now. Now when I try installing Update KB5005565, it says it installed 100%, then gives me an error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)". I've tried running the update troubleshooter and it said it couldn't detect any problems. I rebooted the computer and tried to install it again, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else ran into this problem?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-09-29T11:48:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-09-29T14:09:18+00:00 Yeah, failed for me too.
Wonder if the group of us with this problem have anything in common? Not sure what the relevant info might be, but my problem is on a Dell XPS 15 (9510) running Win 10 Pro (10.0.19043), purchased a few months ago.
Anyone tried the in-place upgrade? That's the only thing I haven't tried, mostly out of fear that it'll just make things worse.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-30T19:45:33+00:00 Been having the exact same problem for weeks. Tried every possible fix... No luck! Cannot install the feature update for 20H2 until this is sorted! Come on Microsoft... how many more people need to raise this issue?
-
Anonymous
2021-10-03T19:18:29+00:00 Hello John_662,
Good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.
Please try the following methods below.
**Make sure Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer services are available and running.
Click Start, type services.msc in the Start Search text area, and then click services.msc in the programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
Double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
If the Startup status lists Stopped, click Start and then click OK. If the status is Running, right click then select RestartDouble-click Windows Update.
If the Startup status lists Stopped, click Start and then click OK. If the status is Running, right click then select Restart**Please try to run SFC and DISM to check for any system errors and corrupted files.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402652...
After that, Restart your computer**Reset Windows Update Components
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/24742-reset...**Here's a direct download link of KB5005565 from Microsoft Update Catalog. Download and install the update manually. Kindly select the
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/...Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.
Kind regards,
John DeV
Independent AdvisorStandard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Hello John_662,
I'm trying to do these steps on a Surface Go 2. I tried to find PowerShell. It isn't installed. I then tried to run the Command Prompt. It couldn't find that, either. I then downloaded the Microsoft Windows Terminal application from the Microsoft Store, figuring that even on a Windows 10 machine running in S mode, it should be able to install Windows Terminal. I was able to install Windows Terminal, but when I tried to run PowerShell I got an error of:
[error 0x800711c7 when launching 'powershell.exe']
So next I tried to run the Command Prompt from Windows Terminal, but that raised the error of:
[error 0x800711c7 when launching 'cmd.exe']
So, at this point I can't run either SFC or DISM. I'm wondering if this is due to the fact that it's Windows 10 running in S mode?
-
Anonymous
2021-10-03T22:41:04+00:00 Hi John DeV
I've tried this fix when you had those exact instructions up before. . Nevertheless I did it all again, just to be sure.
The whole procedure ran OK without errors, but I still can't install KB500565!
Also now I also can't install KB5005611!
This is very annoying and I think it's about time Microsoft fixed this!
My machine is running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with Intel Core i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 16.0GB RAM, Intel UHD Graphics 630.
A nice standard machine.
I don't want to have to reinstall Windows as I'll lose my Office License!
Alan