Can't install KB5005565 update

Anonymous
2021-09-21T01:17:36+00:00

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10, version 21H1 on a PC Desktop. I never had a problem installing updates until now. Now when I try installing Update KB5005565, it says it installed 100%, then gives me an error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)". I've tried running the update troubleshooter and it said it couldn't detect any problems. I rebooted the computer and tried to install it again, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-09-21T01:50:08+00:00

    Hello John_662,

    Good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

    Please try the following methods below.

    **Make sure Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer services are available and running.

    Click Start, type services.msc in the Start Search text area, and then click services.msc in the programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

    Double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.

    If the Startup status lists Stopped, click Start and then click OK. If the status is Running, right click then select Restart

    Double-click Windows Update.

    If the Startup status lists Stopped, click Start and then click OK. If the status is Running, right click then select Restart

    **Please try to run SFC and DISM to check for any system errors and corrupted files.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402652...

    After that, Restart your computer

    **Reset Windows Update Components

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/24742-reset...

    **Here's a direct download link of KB5005565 from Microsoft Update Catalog. Download and install the update manually. Kindly select the

    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/...

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T21:47:54+00:00

    Hi John DeV

    I also have this issue. I followed all your steps above.

    I had no issues doing the SFC & DISM checks. Also I reset the Windows Update Components without issue. This finished with a Windows restart.

    When I run the Windows Update standalone installer and KB5005565 the installer tells me that the Security Update for Windows (KB5005565) was not installed.

    Is there anything that I'm missing?

    Thanks.

    Regards

    Alan

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-22T01:14:24+00:00

    I did all of these steps and didnt work , I need to have this problem solved ASAP cause I need to update my AMD graphics card which I cant cause all windows updates needs to be done .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-22T04:03:30+00:00

    Same here. I followed all the steps and the stand alone installer failed to install the update also

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-23T16:30:09+00:00

    I also am experiencing the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments