Can't install KB5005565 update

Anonymous
2021-09-21T01:17:36+00:00

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10, version 21H1 on a PC Desktop. I never had a problem installing updates until now. Now when I try installing Update KB5005565, it says it installed 100%, then gives me an error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)". I've tried running the update troubleshooter and it said it couldn't detect any problems. I rebooted the computer and tried to install it again, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-27T15:49:17+00:00

    Having the same problem. The suggestions in John Dev's reply (which is a generic reply he posts repeatedly in the forum) did not fix the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-27T00:57:52+00:00

    I, too, am having this problem. But on a Microsoft Surface Go 2. I don't even know if I can run SFC or DISM on this machine. And certainly I cannot download anything from the Internet, to install it. This machine runs in what's called S Mode, I believe, which prevents me from downloading anything and installing it. Yes, I could upgrade the machine to Windows 10 Pro, but I'd rather not. In this case keeping it in a more secure configuration is preferable to me.

    But I'm still getting an error trying to install some updates to my Surface Go 2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-26T17:23:47+00:00

    Yep. I've tried DISM, SCF/, Update troubleshooter, to no avail. I have a Lenovo desktop that I keep in tip top condition with Nvidia. Just wondering if Quicken, Glary Utilities, Ccleaner, or Advanced System Care can be causing this. I just do not want t reset Windows. Personally I think the Windows 11 deployment has created it. I don't have it installed, but have been trying to find out all about it. Just a hunch!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-26T16:59:56+00:00

    Hello,

    I'm running Windows 10, version 21H1 on a PC Desktop. I never had a problem installing updates until now. Now when I try installing Update KB5005565, it says it installed 100%, then gives me an error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)". I've tried running the update troubleshooter and it said it couldn't detect any problems. I rebooted the computer and tried to install it again, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

    Same thing.. it's been trying to install for several days now. I have no idea how to fix it.
    Plus, a recent update I can't identify, removed my entire Office suite, all gone now, replaced by 365 which I never wanted or want to pay for. I can't find my CD to reinstall, so basically that money to Microsoft was not for a permanent license. DrWeb

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-26T15:20:08+00:00

    So i'm not the only one with this problem. I have Windows 10 Pro, 21H1, 19043.1165, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0, up to date. AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Asus x-570 deluxe, 3060 Nvidia, 32gb RAM.

    I have this problem about a month, with the KB5005033, then this replaced with this KB5005565. I try to install it, 100% finished and every time i receive this error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)"

    I try all the solution this articles says (except 7) https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/13477-fix-windows-update-error-0x8007000d 

    NOTHING

    Try to install through the direct download link of KB5005565 from Microsoft Update Catalog, i receive the message it cant be installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments