Can't install KB5005565 update

Anonymous
2021-09-21T01:17:36+00:00

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10, version 21H1 on a PC Desktop. I never had a problem installing updates until now. Now when I try installing Update KB5005565, it says it installed 100%, then gives me an error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)". I've tried running the update troubleshooter and it said it couldn't detect any problems. I rebooted the computer and tried to install it again, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-29T11:48:34+00:00

    I am also struggling with this issue. Am currently trying this to fiz it, but nothing seems to work. They NEED to get a fix for this if so many people are struggling with the update!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-29T07:24:06+00:00

    I had the same problem. Yesterday I read one other possible solution: To (re-)install Microsoft Edge.

    It worked!

    I uninstalled Edge earlier. Yesterday I reanstalled it via the new winget package manager with "winget install Microsoft.Edge" in the terminal.

    I hope this solution helps some of you too.

    richard

    G'day Richard

    I uninstalled Edge & reinstalled it as you suggested.

    Same error.

    Didn't change a thing, but it was certainly worth a try!

    Alan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-29T06:18:35+00:00

    Reinstall of Microsoft Edge didn't fix my problem!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-29T05:30:23+00:00

    I had the same problem. Yesterday I read one other possible solution: To (re-)install Microsoft Edge.

    It worked!

    I uninstalled Edge earlier. Yesterday I reanstalled it via the new winget package manager with "winget install Microsoft.Edge" in the terminal.

    I hope this solution helps some of you too.

    richard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T01:32:22+00:00

    Same problem here. Instructions didn't solved the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments