Can't install KB5005565 update

Anonymous
2021-09-21T01:17:36+00:00

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10, version 21H1 on a PC Desktop. I never had a problem installing updates until now. Now when I try installing Update KB5005565, it says it installed 100%, then gives me an error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)". I've tried running the update troubleshooter and it said it couldn't detect any problems. I rebooted the computer and tried to install it again, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-30T22:19:33+00:00

    At first I thought you were a Microsoft employee, but when I noticed that you actually typed out a thoughtful and meaningful response with pertinent information that doesn't default to "RUN THE TROUBLESHOOTER AND IF THAT FAILS, LOL REINSTALL WINDOWS BRO", I was like, there's no way, you're way too reasonable and logical to work for Microsoft. That would simply be too good to be true. And turns out I was right! Reasonable and intelligent people simply do not work for Microsoft in their support forums.

    Thank you so much for providing the direct link to the KB update file! If Microsoft actually provided those on a regular basis, Windows 10 would be way less of an awful place to exist in. And trying to install failed updates would not be such a shitshow of 10 million hardware variables on an operating system which thinks that having ~330 processes/base services to just to sit there doing nothing is reasonable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-25T18:31:26+00:00

    Indeed, The Media Creation Tool method (in situ upgrade to the same version of Windows) is what fixed this issue for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-21T17:52:36+00:00

    I finally solved the problem with the Media Cration Tool too. Thanks community

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-17T07:41:28+00:00

    Glad to help. 😀

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-17T07:21:55+00:00

    I finally relented to using the Media Creation Tool. I was concerned about my Office license.

    Thankfully this worked very well and my Windows 10 took all the updates after this. I was then able to upgrade to Windows 11 without issue.

    My Office didn't need a new license!

    Everything works well.

    I still think this is a long fix to this issue which a lot of people are having. But at least it worked for me!

    Thanks to everyone here for your assistance!

    Regards

    Alan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments