Can't install KB5005565 update

Anonymous
2021-09-21T01:17:36+00:00

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10, version 21H1 on a PC Desktop. I never had a problem installing updates until now. Now when I try installing Update KB5005565, it says it installed 100%, then gives me an error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)". I've tried running the update troubleshooter and it said it couldn't detect any problems. I rebooted the computer and tried to install it again, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-25T18:31:26+00:00

    Indeed, The Media Creation Tool method (in situ upgrade to the same version of Windows) is what fixed this issue for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-21T17:52:36+00:00

    I finally solved the problem with the Media Cration Tool too. Thanks community

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-17T07:41:28+00:00

    Glad to help. 😀

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-17T07:21:55+00:00

    I finally relented to using the Media Creation Tool. I was concerned about my Office license.

    Thankfully this worked very well and my Windows 10 took all the updates after this. I was then able to upgrade to Windows 11 without issue.

    My Office didn't need a new license!

    Everything works well.

    I still think this is a long fix to this issue which a lot of people are having. But at least it worked for me!

    Thanks to everyone here for your assistance!

    Regards

    Alan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-10T10:26:00+00:00

    After endless try-and-errors, encouraged by the success report of the few braves here (Thank you all!)

    I downloaded from the mentioned MS site the MediaCreationTool21H1.exe

    I run the update

    I chose

    • inplace update (something like this)
    • keep files and apps

    The tool

    • downloaded the necessary files
    • (re)installed the updates
    • restarted my (HP ProBook) laptop two or three times

    Waiting long the tool to finish, I worried about if I have to reinstall all the stuff or not... ;-)

    But everything went smooth, at the end, I could log in, and everything was in its previous place! :-)

    I run the Windows Update finally, and everything got installed smoothly!

    My system is up-to-date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments