Can't install KB5005565 update

Anonymous
2021-09-21T01:17:36+00:00

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10, version 21H1 on a PC Desktop. I never had a problem installing updates until now. Now when I try installing Update KB5005565, it says it installed 100%, then gives me an error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)". I've tried running the update troubleshooter and it said it couldn't detect any problems. I rebooted the computer and tried to install it again, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-29T07:24:06+00:00

    I had the same problem. Yesterday I read one other possible solution: To (re-)install Microsoft Edge.

    It worked!

    I uninstalled Edge earlier. Yesterday I reanstalled it via the new winget package manager with "winget install Microsoft.Edge" in the terminal.

    I hope this solution helps some of you too.

    richard

    G'day Richard

    I uninstalled Edge & reinstalled it as you suggested.

    Same error.

    Didn't change a thing, but it was certainly worth a try!

    Alan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-29T06:18:35+00:00

    Reinstall of Microsoft Edge didn't fix my problem!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-29T05:30:23+00:00

    I had the same problem. Yesterday I read one other possible solution: To (re-)install Microsoft Edge.

    It worked!

    I uninstalled Edge earlier. Yesterday I reanstalled it via the new winget package manager with "winget install Microsoft.Edge" in the terminal.

    I hope this solution helps some of you too.

    richard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-27T15:49:17+00:00

    Having the same problem. The suggestions in John Dev's reply (which is a generic reply he posts repeatedly in the forum) did not fix the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-27T00:57:52+00:00

    I, too, am having this problem. But on a Microsoft Surface Go 2. I don't even know if I can run SFC or DISM on this machine. And certainly I cannot download anything from the Internet, to install it. This machine runs in what's called S Mode, I believe, which prevents me from downloading anything and installing it. Yes, I could upgrade the machine to Windows 10 Pro, but I'd rather not. In this case keeping it in a more secure configuration is preferable to me.

    But I'm still getting an error trying to install some updates to my Surface Go 2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments