I don't have any VR-related software installed on my PC. Mouse pointer and sorting are very slow
Sorting in Task manager is extremely slow.
Task manager sorting is extremely slow when I switch from sorting by name to performance metrics or vice versa.
For example - I can sort by name and if after that I decide to sort by one of the performance metrics - it's going to take about 3 seconds to do so. After that - I can freely sort by any of the performance metrics and I will experience no lag, unless I try to sort by the name again. In which case I will see another lag, also about 3 seconds. And from this point the cycle repeats.
I have had this issue before - the only resolution I have found - was to reinstall the windows, but it's not a solution I find sustainable.
TLDR
Sorting by CPU takes 3 seconds, after that, sorting by name takes 3 seconds, if I try to sort by CPU again - I will get another lag of the similar duration.
What can be done about it?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-03-21T09:30:44+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-01-29T21:05:17+00:00 On the same computer it is faster when I logged in with another user.
I can confirm that.
I wonder if it is because for another user it displays different processes or because some system settings are different.
I think it is probably the latter because people reported the problem started happening even on their new machines. - Presumably, they log in with their Microsoft account and the offending system setting gets restored.
-
Anonymous
2023-01-09T05:15:52+00:00 OS: Win 11
CPU: 12900K
Motherboard: Z690 Asus ROG Extreme
GPU: RTX3090 TI
OS Build: 22621.963
I'm seeing the same thing as you. It took about 10 seconds to sort by name today when clicking sort - it's progressively gotten worse.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-02T22:16:54+00:00 This was one of the first things I have tried - it didn't help to solve the issue. I tried it again just now, but it didn't help.
I can provide more data, or a recording of the issue if that would help.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-02T03:19:15+00:00 Hi Gwalmats,
My name is Darren, I'm here to help you with your problem.
Try run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833...
Also, go to Start > Type "Windows Update Settings" hit enter > Click on "Check for updates" to ensure you have installed the latest windows update.
Restart your computer and check if the problem still persists.
I hope this helps. If this is not exactly what you need, please explain more so that I can help you better.
Thanks