I also experienced this and was able to track it down (in my case).
I started turning off active services and discovered that after turning off a bunch of services the mouse, keyboard or USB input lag stopped completely.
The sorting delay stills occurs when selecting the process tab in task manager, but after the above there was no longer any effect on input even with high disk utilization due to backups, nvidia scans, etc.
I started first disabling Microsoft Windows processes one at a time looking for a culprit to no avail.
I then worked through all second party services. I finally alighted on my Meta / Oculus services causing the issue even with all devices disconnected.
After that I could reproduce the issue by turning the Oculus service on and off.
I suspect that the HID I/O being used by the Oculus service (in my case) is being affected by taskmanager scans during process enumeration.
It is a Windows problem ultimately.