problem installing latest security update kb5005565

Anonymous
2021-09-19T05:27:48+00:00

Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we could not determine if your pc could run windows 10. This is a brand new computer, but I did put my previous cwindows that I had on the new computer.

How could Iinstall this update or do the windows reset?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T18:37:25+00:00

    reinstall Edge, that solved my problem instantly

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-22T14:43:22+00:00

    Hi,
    I am having the same error issue on 21H1 system.

    I have completed all listed repair avenues including reinstalling Edge.

    This error also appears to have stopped me from upgrading to Windows 10 Pro as well as I get the same error message of 0x80073701 with the update and upgrade.

    Josh

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-22T18:44:24+00:00

    Thank you so much, it really helped me and solved my issue of the same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-22T19:44:08+00:00

    Microsoft is one of the worst OS. After every update, there is some issue. Many times it crashes my laptop OS. Earlier there was an option to chose, whether you want to install the update or not but now they force you to install the update and keep cursing yourself for purchasing Microsoft. It makes my life miserable. Sometimes I had to wait for 6 to 7 hours to get my laptop running.

    My whole day got wasted because of the dumb Microsoft employees. In praise of those <removed>.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more