problem installing latest security update kb5005565

Anonymous
2021-09-19T05:27:48+00:00

Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we could not determine if your pc could run windows 10. This is a brand new computer, but I did put my previous cwindows that I had on the new computer.

How could Iinstall this update or do the windows reset?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T12:27:23+00:00

    I was having the same issue, reinstalled Edge and it finally installed KB5005565 successfully.

    Thanks so much Raccoon. Reinstalled Edge and download of KB5005565 worked fine. I was quite wrong about the Version issue as far as KB5005565 is concerned- there is a current Features update for 21H1 version of Win 10 that is awaiting a download- I got confused with this, which I think will still not work on my 20H2 Version, but is optional as a download anyway. There is in fact also a Windows 10 Update Assistant download from Msoft which apparently gives an upgrade to 21H1 and I will try this in due course. Thanks again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T12:40:56+00:00

    Hi,

    After autoinstalled KB5005565 update, I have random blue screen of death.

    For fix the problem temporarily, I had to uninstall this security update, and turn off the auto updates.

    How will can fix this update bug?

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T13:06:47+00:00

    Worked for me, too. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T15:01:40+00:00

    I am also running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 and have exactly the same problem. Endless loops of rebooting for an upgrade and then having the upgrade fail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T15:46:56+00:00

    I am also running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 and have exactly the same problem. Endless loops of rebooting for an upgrade and then having the upgrade fail.

    Sorry to hear that but all I can say is that 1) if you don't have Edge installed then re-installing it certainly fixed my problem and

    1. I have now updated to 21H1 from this link:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10?ranMID=46194&ranEAID=kXQk6

    Hope this helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments