problem installing latest security update kb5005565

Anonymous
2021-09-19T05:27:48+00:00

Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we could not determine if your pc could run windows 10. This is a brand new computer, but I did put my previous cwindows that I had on the new computer.

How could Iinstall this update or do the windows reset?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-20T19:45:21+00:00

    I had the same problem. On some other forum I managed to find solution that worked for me. You need to have Microsoft Edge installed on your computer so the update can proceed to the end... Otherwise it keeps failing...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T01:54:19+00:00

    I have Microsoft EDge installed, but it (getting the update to succeed) never works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T07:02:11+00:00

    Hello.

    We have same problem.

    After install KB5005565 we need to restart computer. After restart computer we have KB5005565 pending.

    We have tried to repair Windows Update, 'sfc /scannow', DISM commands ...

    This case is tricky!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T08:45:10+00:00

    Hello.

    We have same problem.

    After install KB5005565 we need to restart computer. After restart computer we have KB5005565 pending.

    We have tried to repair Windows Update, 'sfc /scannow', DISM commands ...

    This case is tricky!

    I have the same problem- an endless loop of partila/failed update instals, auto-removals and restarts.

    My PC is also running Edition Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 Installed on‎14/‎03/‎2021 OS build 9042.1165.

    I do note that KBN5005565 is stated on my Updates page to be a "feature update to Windows 10 version 21H1"

    Is this the problem then? We are being sent an udate for version 21H1 which our 20H2 simply does not like?

    Or is this, as with so many Windows issues, just being too simplistic?!

    Does anyone know how to ditch this update by the way- obviously installed updates can be removed. What about 92% installed ones though?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T11:18:00+00:00

    I was having the same issue, reinstalled Edge and it finally installed KB5005565 successfully.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments