reinstall Edge, that solved my problem instantly
problem installing latest security update kb5005565
Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we could not determine if your pc could run windows 10. This is a brand new computer, but I did put my previous cwindows that I had on the new computer.
How could Iinstall this update or do the windows reset?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-09-21T18:37:25+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-09-21T15:46:56+00:00 I am also running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 and have exactly the same problem. Endless loops of rebooting for an upgrade and then having the upgrade fail.
Sorry to hear that but all I can say is that 1) if you don't have Edge installed then re-installing it certainly fixed my problem and
- I have now updated to 21H1 from this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10?ranMID=46194&ranEAID=kXQk6
Hope this helps
-
Anonymous
2021-09-21T15:01:40+00:00 I am also running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 and have exactly the same problem. Endless loops of rebooting for an upgrade and then having the upgrade fail.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-21T13:06:47+00:00 Worked for me, too. Thanks.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-21T12:40:56+00:00 Hi,
After autoinstalled KB5005565 update, I have random blue screen of death.
For fix the problem temporarily, I had to uninstall this security update, and turn off the auto updates.
How will can fix this update bug?
Thank you!