problem installing latest security update kb5005565

Anonymous
2021-09-19T05:27:48+00:00

Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we could not determine if your pc could run windows 10. This is a brand new computer, but I did put my previous cwindows that I had on the new computer.

How could Iinstall this update or do the windows reset?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-27T15:10:57+00:00

    If nothing worked for you Try this (It works.)

    1. Create Windows 10 Media ISO with media creation tool from official Microsoft website.
    2. Run Setup exe
    3. Choose Upgrade windows 10 with latest updates (Keep existing files).
    4. wait for complete installation and restarts (few).
    5. Problem Solved. (This will not remove your existing files.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-27T13:42:02+00:00

    I had a very helpful lady from Microsoft try her best to fix the problem, but she could not. She said the best thing to do would be to wait until the next update came out, which should solve the problem. So it does appear to be a bug in their last update, time will tell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-27T12:08:39+00:00

    same issue here

    Dell 3450, TWO IDENTICAL machines, one had successful update, other keeps failing.

    reinstalled edge, still fails.

    THIS IS INSANE. and more imporetantly, the only error is IT FAILED. There should be other descriptive info as to WHY it failed.

    ANY continued help appreciated, i will follow this thread

    Microsoft needs to get its act together.

    and we are going to yet rely on windows 11??

    we bought these TWO IDENTICAL MACHINES within the past month ! they are NEW machines, not older technology.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-26T05:03:23+00:00

    Well re installing Microsoft Edge did not work for me.I downloaded and ran the installer. Still same problem with the updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-25T21:18:40+00:00

    After many days with the very same problems, I tried to follow every piece of advice found on the web related to this issue. Nothing worked.
    My problem was very simple at the end as upon the reinstallation of Edge all was fixed and I was able to complete the update installation which ended all every previous time with a failure at around 92% after having restarted the PC. The same was reported by user MarcSJV. Great!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments