We can but hope.
problem installing latest security update kb5005565
Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we could not determine if your pc could run windows 10. This is a brand new computer, but I did put my previous cwindows that I had on the new computer.
How could Iinstall this update or do the windows reset?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-09-28T05:18:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-09-28T03:11:38+00:00 I am having the same issue. Endless loop of failed installs for KB5005565. I've tried all of the same solutions as everyone else in this thread, with the exception of reinstalling Edge (that'll be my next try). However, given that this update seems to be causing other problems once other users have managed to install it successfully, I'm thinking of skipping it altogether. Will I be able to upgrade to Win11 in October without the latest Win10 update? Because if so, I'll just hold out until then.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-28T01:42:59+00:00 Yes this will bypass the error and will install the existing update (KB5005565) and the new ones. you will run the setup with in windows (logged in) and it will not delete your existing files. this update was causing issues on my home edition only. I have pro on another machine but updates went smoothly on them. i don't know the root cause of this problem probably this has something to do with database corruption.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-27T20:09:55+00:00 thanks for reply.
will the next update INCORPORATE these errant updates and fix them (hopefully?)
is it cumulative?
thanks
-
Anonymous
2021-09-27T20:09:00+00:00 thanks for reply.
QUESTION - will this by pass the error, and just reinstall windows with latest items?
AND, more importantly, we have windows 10 pro, AND bitlocker enabled. How does the install stick/disk work in such a case, how do we get the newest installation? or can i run that update from WITHIN windows when logged in?
we just got two identical machines, Dell 3450's, and MINE updated OK, and my sister's is the one with the issue. this is nuts.
any other feedback appreciated, thanks