this is VERY frustrating, just keeps COMPOUNDING.
NOW, since this update will not install, the KB5005611 will NOT install, similar error message.
MICROSOFT nererds to get its act together.
i'm on a NEW MACHINE !! this is NUTS !
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we could not determine if your pc could run windows 10. This is a brand new computer, but I did put my previous cwindows that I had on the new computer.
How could Iinstall this update or do the windows reset?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
this is VERY frustrating, just keeps COMPOUNDING.
NOW, since this update will not install, the KB5005611 will NOT install, similar error message.
MICROSOFT nererds to get its act together.
i'm on a NEW MACHINE !! this is NUTS !
you are correct, we should not have to go through all these steps to get a normal update.
how did you UNINSTALL microsoft edge? I went to "programs and features" in control panel, selected Microsoft EDGE, but it only gives me a CHANGE option, does not give me the UNINSTALL option that i normally see for other programs.
thanks
i think is not easy way to end user and me.
I had recently uninstalled MS Edge, and ever since the update has failed. I just reinstalled it, rebooted and then re-ran windows update. BAM, it worked fine.
Thanks so much, this has been driving me crazy for over a week.