problem installing latest security update kb5005565

Anonymous
2021-09-19T05:27:48+00:00

Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we could not determine if your pc could run windows 10. This is a brand new computer, but I did put my previous cwindows that I had on the new computer.

How could Iinstall this update or do the windows reset?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-18T19:57:39+00:00

    Solution was to backup the partition, reformat the disk from mbr to uefi and then restore the partition to the new disk. I used Macrium to do this. Then the update September and October one worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-18T18:38:49+00:00

    October update is not fixing this issue for me. Ugh!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-15T20:00:52+00:00

    to all

    downloaded MEDIA CREATOR, ran it, careated USB stick.

    BOOTED with USB stick (thinking i had to boot)

    went to INSTALL windows, keeping APPS and FILES.

    GUESS WHAT, yo CANNOT UPDATE windows, keeping APPS and FILES, if you run from BOOTED USB OR CD. you have to do it from a WORKING COPY of windows, run from within windows from the USB.

    SO, that means that I DO NEED AN IMAGE backup, in event of any disaster, because using teh BOOTABLE USB in event of disaster does not let me keep my apps or files.

    SO, now, question is what is best way to do a SYYSTEM/IMAGE backup, that is RESTORABLE? Windows makes a SYSTEM/IMAGE backup, but the directions to RESTORE are abysmal.

    I DO have license for PARAGON BACKUP ,but they don't seem to be as responsive in their development any more, and ACRONIS has lots of bloat, so i'm looking for alternatives, that allow selective SYSTEM BACKUP (possibly excluding DATA files, as these are backed up separately), and an easy method of restore.

    any feedback appreciated

    thanks

    nick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-13T10:18:29+00:00

    thanks for reply.

    question - what is the difference in this method, versus downloading hte latest windows 10 release, with the windows media installer, and running that?

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-12T22:21:44+00:00

    Hi all. I had this issue for the past month and found this work around. Just type into the cmd line. Waited a couple days. Then performed windows update. It took about an hour to download and install. Aftwerwards, all other updates installed normally.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5005322-some-devices-cannot-install-new-updates-after-installing-kb5003214-may-25-2021-and-kb5003690-june-21-2021-66edf7cf-5d3c-401f-bd32-49865343144f

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments