Windows 10 cannot read the installation media USB

Anonymous
2021-09-24T11:46:06+00:00

The PC : Desktop, Windows 10 home 64b. 20H2

Issues : Does not boot into Windows

Boot issues one after another since 20H2 update, such as

mouse lock up or disappear after booting into Windows

crash 20~30 minutes after booting into Windows

BSOD saying not properly started . . .

stuck at OEM's logo, simply dead

Installation media USB is created, but the system cannot read the USB.

The PC stays dead at the manufacturer's logo of the boot process. Dead.

What to do now?

Thank.

Chuenmon

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T01:47:48+00:00

    Thank you, PCR Just PCR.

    Again, it is very kind of you trying to help me. Really appreciate.

    " . . . go ahead & replace that & see what happens."

    Do you mean replacing the CPU?

    Is it worth to install a new CPU on the beat up machine?

    Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

    Chuenmon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T01:44:35+00:00

    Hi,

    Good luck with that, and let us know how it goes...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T01:28:34+00:00

    Hi, Slance310.

    Thank you again.

    OK, I'll check the memory, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and DVD drive.

    Many many thanks to you for your kindness trying to help.

    Chuenmon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T01:09:50+00:00

    Hi, Claudeir.

    Yes, Claudeir, I did say something that I did 8 years ago. That was an re-installation, Windows 7 Pro, on a different desktop machine. Back then, I had DVDs of Windows 7. And did re-installation almost every one to two years. I wanted to do the same thing this time. After creating the installation media USB, then I found that the BIOS on this PC did not read the USB, as Slance310 said.

    Really appreciate your goodwill trying to help.

    Chuenmon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-27T23:21:46+00:00

    OK. I tend to believe Slance that the computer should be getting to BIOS even with a dead coin battery, but, as a last ditch effort, go ahead & replace that & see what happens. Other than that, probably it belongs in a shop. Maybe fiddle with other hardware first as Slance said, I don't know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments