I was handed a "banned from commenting" message one morning, with no warning.

Anonymous
2021-08-08T13:16:01+00:00

Initially it said two things; "You have been banned due to your name" and "You have been banned due to violations of guidelines". I have read through the guidelines and an find nowhere a sufficient reason for my commenting suspension. And since my work is directly tied to my ability to navigate the comment section of media's social interactions I have to assume the reason is not good enough, otherwise I would have received an answer from someone, anyone really. Every MSN agent I have spoken with does not see my account in bad standing. So my conclusion is that a 3rd party who does not have access to my account but rather just the ability to remove my ability to comment on news articles is the final judge.

I have cancelled my subscriptions to Microsoft and all of it's products and may be planning legal action as to simply find out one thing... why.

Just a simple answer in detail as to what about my posts were in any way "wrong".

I have been working on research for nearly 8 year as to how the social aspect of the internet changes people, and now I have a new chapter. The unfettered power some get by playing "god" over someone else's work.

I genuinely would love for someone to have the fortitude to not hide behind anonymity in some dark corner and give a detailed explanation with examples of my "Crime". Because all of the comments I have made and read and reread do not violate any of the mentioned guidelines...

But now my work is directly affected without sufficient reason.

MB

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-09T18:03:54+00:00

    I have not posted a comment before. I was about to comments on Ford's patent ef an electric clutch, and I was banned 'by the community'. I have no idea why.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-09T22:54:26+00:00

    HI Floyd, God (Microsoft) will not even acknowledge that you exist or that there is a problem. I found if you are persistent enough and continue to hit the request review button often enough it will clear the problem. The one thing I cant do is get it to accept my name. I managed to get around that by putting a hyphen in my surname. Hope this helps.

    Phil

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-14T22:15:04+00:00

    They discriminate against people based on their actual names. My last name is Heacock so it banned me. The filter is ridiculous and lets through clearly racist comments while banning people based on their family name. I just joined a different news service that doesn't do this. I recommend doing the same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-15T00:01:35+00:00

    I did not recall using the Community for comment posts. in the past I discovered that I did make a post in 2015. My profile at the Community included an email address no longer used. I corrected the email address. It may be possible that rejections from the old email address flagged my account, and caused the ban. The ban has been lifted a couple of days ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-18T15:27:23+00:00

    I tried to comment for the first time and got a "The username violates our guidelines" which it looks like it auto uses your actually IRL name as a user name. Seeing I can list businesses, lawyers, famous historical figures ect that have my exact first and last name. Im not seeing how my name could violate anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments