I was handed a "banned from commenting" message one morning, with no warning.

Anonymous
2021-08-08T13:16:01+00:00

Initially it said two things; "You have been banned due to your name" and "You have been banned due to violations of guidelines". I have read through the guidelines and an find nowhere a sufficient reason for my commenting suspension. And since my work is directly tied to my ability to navigate the comment section of media's social interactions I have to assume the reason is not good enough, otherwise I would have received an answer from someone, anyone really. Every MSN agent I have spoken with does not see my account in bad standing. So my conclusion is that a 3rd party who does not have access to my account but rather just the ability to remove my ability to comment on news articles is the final judge.

I have cancelled my subscriptions to Microsoft and all of it's products and may be planning legal action as to simply find out one thing... why.

Just a simple answer in detail as to what about my posts were in any way "wrong".

I have been working on research for nearly 8 year as to how the social aspect of the internet changes people, and now I have a new chapter. The unfettered power some get by playing "god" over someone else's work.

I genuinely would love for someone to have the fortitude to not hide behind anonymity in some dark corner and give a detailed explanation with examples of my "Crime". Because all of the comments I have made and read and reread do not violate any of the mentioned guidelines...

But now my work is directly affected without sufficient reason.

MB

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-20T07:27:12+00:00

    I had never even posted a comment under Microsoft News, decided I was going to do so tonight, logged in under Microsoft and was immediately banned. Didn't even get to type anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-21T15:18:06+00:00

    I had never even posted a comment under Microsoft News, decided I was going to do so tonight, logged in under Microsoft and was immediately banned. Didn't even get to type anything.

    I have been commenting and all of a sudden not allowed. I want a reason why?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-21T20:31:52+00:00

    Seems we are a few of many. The frustrating part of this is the lack of communication from Microsoft, or any explanation. Has any one found a way of getting Microsoft's attention? or an explanation? or are these decisions just being made by a badly programed computer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-21T22:51:55+00:00

    I have had no success with microsoft,MSN or any other option I was given. Where does MSN get the power to shut a person down from commenting. I had followers and many people agreeing to my comments.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-05T19:40:32+00:00

    I dont know whether this will get deleted, but I was banned from commenting by MSN , and I have never even commented. I am not sure even this comment will be allowed, but I can only think its because of my views on things. Google has done the same to me, my daughter is getting no views on her innocent youtube channel, and I think they have hold of our IP address. Now, I hide behind a VPN. Free speech, especially on vaccines or ex President Trump will result in a low rating. This is the new world order, and you must obey

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments