Seems we are a few of many. The frustrating part of this is the lack of communication from Microsoft, or any explanation. Has any one found a way of getting Microsoft's attention? or an explanation? or are these decisions just being made by a badly programed computer?
I was handed a "banned from commenting" message one morning, with no warning.
Initially it said two things; "You have been banned due to your name" and "You have been banned due to violations of guidelines". I have read through the guidelines and an find nowhere a sufficient reason for my commenting suspension. And since my work is directly tied to my ability to navigate the comment section of media's social interactions I have to assume the reason is not good enough, otherwise I would have received an answer from someone, anyone really. Every MSN agent I have spoken with does not see my account in bad standing. So my conclusion is that a 3rd party who does not have access to my account but rather just the ability to remove my ability to comment on news articles is the final judge.
I have cancelled my subscriptions to Microsoft and all of it's products and may be planning legal action as to simply find out one thing... why.
Just a simple answer in detail as to what about my posts were in any way "wrong".
I have been working on research for nearly 8 year as to how the social aspect of the internet changes people, and now I have a new chapter. The unfettered power some get by playing "god" over someone else's work.
I genuinely would love for someone to have the fortitude to not hide behind anonymity in some dark corner and give a detailed explanation with examples of my "Crime". Because all of the comments I have made and read and reread do not violate any of the mentioned guidelines...
But now my work is directly affected without sufficient reason.
MB
Windows for home | Other | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-11-21T20:31:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-11-21T15:18:06+00:00 I had never even posted a comment under Microsoft News, decided I was going to do so tonight, logged in under Microsoft and was immediately banned. Didn't even get to type anything.
I have been commenting and all of a sudden not allowed. I want a reason why?
-
Anonymous
2021-11-20T07:27:12+00:00 I had never even posted a comment under Microsoft News, decided I was going to do so tonight, logged in under Microsoft and was immediately banned. Didn't even get to type anything.
-
Anonymous
2021-11-19T20:32:07+00:00 I have decided that MSN's news opinion is a total waste of time, if the comments generally pasted in this forum, fit with MSN's criteria, I do not see how a considered opinion will ever be tolerated. My only hope is that this comment will not be judged by the same standards, otherwise oops this will be my "Last Post" here.
-
Anonymous
2021-11-19T15:02:35+00:00 I've had exactly this. I've never commented on anything ever but still been banned. Not sure how but have requested a review.