I was handed a "banned from commenting" message one morning, with no warning.

Anonymous
2021-08-08T13:16:01+00:00

Initially it said two things; "You have been banned due to your name" and "You have been banned due to violations of guidelines". I have read through the guidelines and an find nowhere a sufficient reason for my commenting suspension. And since my work is directly tied to my ability to navigate the comment section of media's social interactions I have to assume the reason is not good enough, otherwise I would have received an answer from someone, anyone really. Every MSN agent I have spoken with does not see my account in bad standing. So my conclusion is that a 3rd party who does not have access to my account but rather just the ability to remove my ability to comment on news articles is the final judge.

I have cancelled my subscriptions to Microsoft and all of it's products and may be planning legal action as to simply find out one thing... why.

Just a simple answer in detail as to what about my posts were in any way "wrong".

I have been working on research for nearly 8 year as to how the social aspect of the internet changes people, and now I have a new chapter. The unfettered power some get by playing "god" over someone else's work.

I genuinely would love for someone to have the fortitude to not hide behind anonymity in some dark corner and give a detailed explanation with examples of my "Crime". Because all of the comments I have made and read and reread do not violate any of the mentioned guidelines...

But now my work is directly affected without sufficient reason.

MB

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-27T20:46:38+00:00

    Exactly. Look at my post above whom you’re replying to and you will see you’re not alone. Plenty of people are seemingly being banned just “by default” as though the terms and conditions were violated as soon as your account was created and you hit the I agree button or checked the box and hit submit.

    It’s ridiculous I just feel bad for the OP especially since his actual income depends on forum use and browsing to pay his bills etc. i came here out of surprise and annoyed frustration. I can’t imagine how I would feel if a tool I use for work was inexplicably take away without ANY explanation. The not giving any explanation part is what gets me. They need an appeal or “ask we review our decision” type function.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-27T20:27:32+00:00

    Don't waste your time, Microsoft does not care. I tried to contact Microsoft via chat, the first helpful soul I contacted decided that it was beyond them, so directed me to someone that could help. Sadly they were very busy but I would be attended to in time. 8 hours later I had to go for a pee and you guessed it I got to the top of the queue. By the time I returned, a matter of minutes later some one had decided that I was no longer interested. I am sure I will go to my grave without ever understanding how I offended and to be honest I don't really care anymore. our (yours, mine and other souls ) time is far to valuable to waste dealing with this type of abuse. Get on with your life, don't let them frustrate you, it it gives them the freaky control they desire.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-27T17:00:37+00:00

    Now just try to speak to someone at Microsoft about it. I've been trying for over a year, the worst Company next to Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-27T12:20:18+00:00

    How can i be banned when this is the first time i have tried to used it !

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-17T03:44:38+00:00

    Similar issue for me - this week I planned to comment on an article for the very first time -it would not allow it - instead returned a message that I am banned. I have never commented before. How does one contact a human being at Microsoft short of writing to the executive team?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments