I was handed a "banned from commenting" message one morning, with no warning.

Anonymous
2021-08-08T13:16:01+00:00

Initially it said two things; "You have been banned due to your name" and "You have been banned due to violations of guidelines". I have read through the guidelines and an find nowhere a sufficient reason for my commenting suspension. And since my work is directly tied to my ability to navigate the comment section of media's social interactions I have to assume the reason is not good enough, otherwise I would have received an answer from someone, anyone really. Every MSN agent I have spoken with does not see my account in bad standing. So my conclusion is that a 3rd party who does not have access to my account but rather just the ability to remove my ability to comment on news articles is the final judge.

I have cancelled my subscriptions to Microsoft and all of it's products and may be planning legal action as to simply find out one thing... why.

Just a simple answer in detail as to what about my posts were in any way "wrong".

I have been working on research for nearly 8 year as to how the social aspect of the internet changes people, and now I have a new chapter. The unfettered power some get by playing "god" over someone else's work.

I genuinely would love for someone to have the fortitude to not hide behind anonymity in some dark corner and give a detailed explanation with examples of my "Crime". Because all of the comments I have made and read and reread do not violate any of the mentioned guidelines...

But now my work is directly affected without sufficient reason.

MB

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-14T22:15:04+00:00

    They discriminate against people based on their actual names. My last name is Heacock so it banned me. The filter is ridiculous and lets through clearly racist comments while banning people based on their family name. I just joined a different news service that doesn't do this. I recommend doing the same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-09T22:54:26+00:00

    HI Floyd, God (Microsoft) will not even acknowledge that you exist or that there is a problem. I found if you are persistent enough and continue to hit the request review button often enough it will clear the problem. The one thing I cant do is get it to accept my name. I managed to get around that by putting a hyphen in my surname. Hope this helps.

    Phil

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-09T18:03:54+00:00

    I have not posted a comment before. I was about to comments on Ford's patent ef an electric clutch, and I was banned 'by the community'. I have no idea why.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-30T05:09:28+00:00

    OnGuardForGod78, I know what u are talking about....I have just encountered exactly the same problem as u and many others here and I did send a review request but do not yet know what will be the outcome. I had also NEVER made any comments before on any MSN news articles from the news app as my screenshot which I posted above in response to another user does show yet I had experienced exactly the same issue as u. I have a feeling since alot of ppl are experiencing the same illogical issue that it is a tech glitch in the system. I was shocked to the max tho upon first getting such a message block me from being able to type anything into the comments field, thinking at first there was some issue of discrimination since I had commented via many other media streams, e.g. YouTube etc. which are broadly covered or included within the Google or Microsoft framework. But after having done my research into the problem & subsequently discovering that many random others were also affected by it, I have concluded it is a technical fault. It's a wonder no official Microsoft reps come to give us acct holders posting our queries here any sizable response on this matter as they so often appear to do for customers in other Microsoft knowledge-base/help forums. I will make a formal report on this issue by phone tomorrow. Hopefully it will be then logged into the system by Microsoft as a fault and in due course resolved. It's a real peeve tho, I must say because there's stuff out there in the news that really does need commenting on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-29T13:42:08+00:00

    I have just encountered exactly the same problem as PinpointPrism and I did send a review request but do not yet know what will be the outcome. I had also NEVER made any comments before on any MSN news articles. I had experienced exactly the same issue. See screenshot below:

    And my next screenshot shows that I have not made any prior comments so I don't know how it is that I was ever banned in the first place! But I tell u what, I got the shock of my life to see that I had been unfairly banned due to the fact I wanted to comment on something that is a very important issue and to be prevented from commenting was really uncalled for. My guess is that there is a glitch in the system somewhere which seriously needs fixing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments