I've had an account since 1990...something. I have never commented on anything at msn. Nor do I make inappropriate comments. I was going to make my first comment on MSN and read I was banned from commenting b/c of guidlelines. I repeat, I have never commented. Hmmm.
I was handed a "banned from commenting" message one morning, with no warning.
Initially it said two things; "You have been banned due to your name" and "You have been banned due to violations of guidelines". I have read through the guidelines and an find nowhere a sufficient reason for my commenting suspension. And since my work is directly tied to my ability to navigate the comment section of media's social interactions I have to assume the reason is not good enough, otherwise I would have received an answer from someone, anyone really. Every MSN agent I have spoken with does not see my account in bad standing. So my conclusion is that a 3rd party who does not have access to my account but rather just the ability to remove my ability to comment on news articles is the final judge.
I have cancelled my subscriptions to Microsoft and all of it's products and may be planning legal action as to simply find out one thing... why.
Just a simple answer in detail as to what about my posts were in any way "wrong".
I have been working on research for nearly 8 year as to how the social aspect of the internet changes people, and now I have a new chapter. The unfettered power some get by playing "god" over someone else's work.
I genuinely would love for someone to have the fortitude to not hide behind anonymity in some dark corner and give a detailed explanation with examples of my "Crime". Because all of the comments I have made and read and reread do not violate any of the mentioned guidelines...
But now my work is directly affected without sufficient reason.
MB
Windows for home | Other | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-08-30T21:51:09+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-06-27T13:49:54+00:00 Comments have been removed and no explanation or ban messages have gone out, users no longer has the right to comment. Freedom of speech has been violated.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2022-02-18T15:27:23+00:00 I tried to comment for the first time and got a "The username violates our guidelines" which it looks like it auto uses your actually IRL name as a user name. Seeing I can list businesses, lawyers, famous historical figures ect that have my exact first and last name. Im not seeing how my name could violate anything
-
Anonymous
2022-02-15T00:01:35+00:00 I did not recall using the Community for comment posts. in the past I discovered that I did make a post in 2015. My profile at the Community included an email address no longer used. I corrected the email address. It may be possible that rejections from the old email address flagged my account, and caused the ban. The ban has been lifted a couple of days ago.