Same thing just happened to me. No reason why just poof banned so I hit the request review button it gets reversed so 12 hours later I go to type in comments for an article but the comment box still says I'm banned. And Microsoft wonders why I let my Xbox gold and ultimate lapse all the time. Fix this nonsense Microsoft or I'm suing for a violation of my first amendment rights.
I was handed a "banned from commenting" message one morning, with no warning.
Initially it said two things; "You have been banned due to your name" and "You have been banned due to violations of guidelines". I have read through the guidelines and an find nowhere a sufficient reason for my commenting suspension. And since my work is directly tied to my ability to navigate the comment section of media's social interactions I have to assume the reason is not good enough, otherwise I would have received an answer from someone, anyone really. Every MSN agent I have spoken with does not see my account in bad standing. So my conclusion is that a 3rd party who does not have access to my account but rather just the ability to remove my ability to comment on news articles is the final judge.
I have cancelled my subscriptions to Microsoft and all of it's products and may be planning legal action as to simply find out one thing... why.
Just a simple answer in detail as to what about my posts were in any way "wrong".
I have been working on research for nearly 8 year as to how the social aspect of the internet changes people, and now I have a new chapter. The unfettered power some get by playing "god" over someone else's work.
I genuinely would love for someone to have the fortitude to not hide behind anonymity in some dark corner and give a detailed explanation with examples of my "Crime". Because all of the comments I have made and read and reread do not violate any of the mentioned guidelines...
But now my work is directly affected without sufficient reason.
MB
Windows for home | Other | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-10-10T06:36:25+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-10-03T21:29:55+00:00 I was recently banned from MSN commenting for asking why Joe Biden isn't going to the border but is going to Puerto Rico.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2022-09-10T22:46:03+00:00 What happened to freedom of speech? liberal Socialism already here??????
-
Anonymous
2022-08-31T05:01:47+00:00 Hi jaymadigan, the system is very flawed. I was banned because my name was not acceptable,I changed my name (not legaly) just for convenience, to noname, no longer a problem. The banned from commenting issue take a little more patience I found if you keep asking for a review you will finally get an acceptable outcome. The comments are disallowed quite regularly for innocuouse words. I have found that when this happens deleting the occasional word or changing it will allow the comment to go through. If it doesn't give up it is not worth the frustration of allowing a flawed computer program, which you have no control over to upset yuor day. Happy commenting, there are people on that forum who have posted thousands of comments as frustrating as it can be.