I was handed a "banned from commenting" message one morning, with no warning.

Anonymous
2021-08-08T13:16:01+00:00

Initially it said two things; "You have been banned due to your name" and "You have been banned due to violations of guidelines". I have read through the guidelines and an find nowhere a sufficient reason for my commenting suspension. And since my work is directly tied to my ability to navigate the comment section of media's social interactions I have to assume the reason is not good enough, otherwise I would have received an answer from someone, anyone really. Every MSN agent I have spoken with does not see my account in bad standing. So my conclusion is that a 3rd party who does not have access to my account but rather just the ability to remove my ability to comment on news articles is the final judge.

I have cancelled my subscriptions to Microsoft and all of it's products and may be planning legal action as to simply find out one thing... why.

Just a simple answer in detail as to what about my posts were in any way "wrong".

I have been working on research for nearly 8 year as to how the social aspect of the internet changes people, and now I have a new chapter. The unfettered power some get by playing "god" over someone else's work.

I genuinely would love for someone to have the fortitude to not hide behind anonymity in some dark corner and give a detailed explanation with examples of my "Crime". Because all of the comments I have made and read and reread do not violate any of the mentioned guidelines...

But now my work is directly affected without sufficient reason.

MB

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-27T12:20:18+00:00

    How can i be banned when this is the first time i have tried to used it !

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-17T03:44:38+00:00

    Similar issue for me - this week I planned to comment on an article for the very first time -it would not allow it - instead returned a message that I am banned. I have never commented before. How does one contact a human being at Microsoft short of writing to the executive team?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-16T23:22:34+00:00

    i just joined and I’ve never commented on anything MSN so I’m confused. I did remove my last name from my account - just because I listen to crime podcasts lol.

    MSN must not see how much money I spend on their products, which I will stop immediately due to this unjustified censure.

    I’m waiting on response to my REVIEW (eyes rolling).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-21T22:51:55+00:00

    I have had no success with microsoft,MSN or any other option I was given. Where does MSN get the power to shut a person down from commenting. I had followers and many people agreeing to my comments.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-21T20:31:52+00:00

    Seems we are a few of many. The frustrating part of this is the lack of communication from Microsoft, or any explanation. Has any one found a way of getting Microsoft's attention? or an explanation? or are these decisions just being made by a badly programed computer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments