Have you tried this again;
Click on the speaker on the taskbar, if at the end of the title there is an ^ click on it and pick a different title
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
"No Audio Output Devices Installed"
This morning when I logged onto my pc, there was a red X over my speaker icon next to the clock in the tray.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE 5/18/2021: SOLUTION WAS THE FOLLOWING:
I figured it out.
I opened CMD prompt as Admin and ran the following commands.
net localgroup Administrators /add localservice
net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
I then restarted the Windows Audio service in services.msc
And what do you know, my audio is back!
It appears windows Update removed the service accounts from the Administrators groups and never put them back.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
This must have happened sometime on 5/15 as on 5/14 there was no issue.
I checked my Sound control panel and found that there are no Output/Playback or Input/Recording devices anymore...
I then checked my audio drivers and no issues at all...
I then ran the Sound troubleshooter, and it didn't do anything to help.
I uninstalled all my audio drivers and reinstalled them, but no change. Rather strangely, I tried installing my original version RealTek Audio driver... It would uninstall my current drivers, and then install the new ones, then prompt for restart. After restart, it opened the installer again and asked to do the same uninstall/install/reboot. No matter how many times I did this, the Driver MSI package kept opening on boot. Perhaps windows was preventing it from installing?
I checked my BIOS to see if audio was disabled there, but it was enabled.
I checked Windows Update, and saw that an update KB5003173 failed and wanted me to retry. It would not work. I did a sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. I checked my Aorus drivers and saw there was an AMD chipset update, so I installed it. After reboot, the KB5003173 successfully installed.
Audio still broken at this point...
I tried to uninstall KB5003173 but it didn't work and I got this...
I then cruised this MS Answers site and found tons of other people with the same issue, but none of the proposed solutions seemed to work for them or I. One of them even recommended doing an In-place Windows 10 Upgrade / Install. I did this and guess what? It's still broken.
I checked my update history, and these are the only things that installed or tried to install on 5/15/21:
This originally had a date of 5/15, but I got to it work today on 5/16.
The only other things were these....
Windows Defender is my only security software.
My Hardware:
Why does this say no sound card found???????
I have also since flashed my Bios to F33J which is the newest version released just 2 weeks ago. Audio still broken.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Have you tried this again;
Click on the speaker on the taskbar, if at the end of the title there is an ^ click on it and pick a different title
I’ve been in IT my whole life and I have no idea what you’re talking about, sorry.
Did you do what I asked?
Did you get the ^ when you clicked on the Speaker? If not then you do not have dual sound cards or speakers.
Correct, I only have onboard audio.
According to Gigabytes website:
I'm running driver v. 6.0.9126.1 (sourced from Mobo updater)
I have also tried v. 6.0.9054.1 (Mobo website) and v. 6.0.9075.1 (Windows Update) to no avail.
Phillip -
When you ran the Repair Install it removed the Restore points. The repair needed was System Restore. System Restore is your first line of defense if Windows ever malfunctions as it can run even from recovery media to get you back before a problem started. It should always be turned on C drive with plenty of disk space (5-15%) configured. Here's how to check and when necessary how to run System Restore: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-r...
I'll give you all possible solutions for Sound problems in order of priority, so please try any you've already tried again in order. If you have any problems performing any steps I'll be standing by here to help you.
System Restore is your first line of defense and can take you back to a point before a problem began. If it doesn't help then you can undo it. Read about it first in the tutorial above and then try restoring to just before this started.
If the problem repeats or System Restore doesn't work then check which Windows Updates were installed at Settings > Update & Security > Windows Updates > Update History, uninstall them there or System Restore again, then immediately check for and block the Updates with the Hide Updates tool explained here: https://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninsta...
If necessary try installing the driver in Safe Mode with Networking (so you have internet), or Safe Mode, accessed by one of these methods: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-saf...
https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/help/402699...
https://www.howtogeek.com/443702/how-to-fix-sou...
Also reset the prompt to ask for which device was plugged in here:
https://windowsreport.com/you-just-plugged-unpl...
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/En...
https://www.dell.com/community/Windows-10/How-g...
If no newer sound drivers then uninstall the one presently installed in Device Manager, reached by right clicking the Start Button. Restart PC to reinstall.
Try other and older drivers for your model Sound controller, too. For example, try the next oldest driver in the model's online Support Downloads list. To try all previous drivers installed on your system, in Device Manager choose Sound controller's Driver tab, then Update Driver, then Browse, then Let Me Pick.
Finally, try installing the latest Sound driver in Compatibility Mode as shown here:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/win...
Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files. Then continue with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.
________________________________________________________
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.