IPSEC 0x89232001 Forza Horizon 4

Anonymous
2021-05-21T20:47:59+00:00

Hi there,

I’ve been getting an IPSEC 0x89232001 error in forza horizon 4 which says that the DNS cannot resolve an address when connecting to an online lobby. I’ve tried multiple DNS’s and flushed them using cmd and then registered it again as suggested by Xbox support team which didn’t help. I’ve seen multiple questions about fixing this but none seem to have a definitive answer. I’ve also tried looking in windows settings and seeing if the teredo state is okay and everything seems alright.

Any support is appreciated as I’m quite invested into this game

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T16:42:37+00:00

    Should work! GL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T17:29:12+00:00

    Yeaa did that to and guess what? Failed to connect to live session. What a surprise!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T18:16:48+00:00

    Just Update ur Windows to latest version.
    Seriously.

    This action helped me solve the problem.

    I already tried that. It’s not a problem on the clients side it’s a server problem as said by Forza themselves, they’re currently investigating it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-27T07:21:16+00:00

    I doubt the Windows 10 version can help with theese issues: I had it before installing the 21H1 update and I still have it now.

    Tho the Xbox players seem to have the same problem.

    Btw, the on screen message clearly indicates that it is a DNS / network issue :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-27T07:27:40+00:00

    Yeah, my windows update didn’t fix the issue. RIP to forza severs/my sanity.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments