IPSEC 0x89232001 Forza Horizon 4

Anonymous
2021-05-21T20:47:59+00:00

Hi there,

I’ve been getting an IPSEC 0x89232001 error in forza horizon 4 which says that the DNS cannot resolve an address when connecting to an online lobby. I’ve tried multiple DNS’s and flushed them using cmd and then registered it again as suggested by Xbox support team which didn’t help. I’ve seen multiple questions about fixing this but none seem to have a definitive answer. I’ve also tried looking in windows settings and seeing if the teredo state is okay and everything seems alright.

Any support is appreciated as I’m quite invested into this game

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-22T19:14:19+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-22T19:25:18+00:00

    Hi Greg,

    I can assure you it’s not an issue on my end. The Forza Horizon 4 forums have been full of people suddenly having the same issue in the last few days, since the latest update (35).

    Thanks anyway though!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-22T20:46:31+00:00

    See if these various reported fixes work for that IPSEC error:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54p66f/...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54cx47/...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/killerinstinct/comment...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/9k43y1/...
    https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_posts... (SAS Bacon post and replies)
    https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_posts...
    https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_posts...
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3I1Kspv5f4

    If none of those help then go over your DNS settings:
    https://www.technipages.com/flush-and-reset-the...
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-...
    https://www.lifewire.com/solving-dns-server-not...

    Keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until the case is resolved.

    I’ve tried all these steps and no luck. My teredo is appearing to work fine and no ports are blocked . I feel like all these solutions are the same thing which never works

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-23T00:25:19+00:00

    Is this suddenly a common issue? I randomly started getting this exact issue, everything was perfectly normal before, this has to be an

    issue with the actual servers

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-23T03:26:13+00:00

    Just a heads up, the issue has been acknowledged by Forza support. I’ve noticed on the forums that it’s an issue on xbox as well. Hopefully it won’t be too long now!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments