IPSEC 0x89232001 Forza Horizon 4

Anonymous
2021-05-21T20:47:59+00:00

Hi there,

I’ve been getting an IPSEC 0x89232001 error in forza horizon 4 which says that the DNS cannot resolve an address when connecting to an online lobby. I’ve tried multiple DNS’s and flushed them using cmd and then registered it again as suggested by Xbox support team which didn’t help. I’ve seen multiple questions about fixing this but none seem to have a definitive answer. I’ve also tried looking in windows settings and seeing if the teredo state is okay and everything seems alright.

Any support is appreciated as I’m quite invested into this game

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-24T10:19:25+00:00

    I'm having the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-24T07:54:58+00:00

    Same issue there also.

    Tried everything mentionned here and FM forums without any chance.

    I keep getting 0x89232001 and 0x89232000 errors.

    The ingame auctions work and I can do the Winter's Series but no Forzathon Live wich means ... the Peugeot 207 will never be mine under 20MCR xD

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-24T01:31:12+00:00

    At least it's happening during winter in-game xD

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-23T17:35:01+00:00

    Same issues here, been through everything from DNS settings to port forwarding. Tested Horizon 4 on xbox, mobile and xbox app on my phone and all have the same issue. Cannot connect through mobile data either, however I can use the xbox app on mobile data to play on Horizon Life.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-23T08:09:08+00:00

    Just a heads up, the issue has been acknowledged by Forza support. I’ve noticed on the forums that it’s an issue on xbox as well. Hopefully it won’t be too long now!

    Image

    Yup I just submitted a ticket to Xbox and they replied with this 

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments