IPSEC 0x89232001 Forza Horizon 4

Anonymous
2021-05-21T20:47:59+00:00

Hi there,

I’ve been getting an IPSEC 0x89232001 error in forza horizon 4 which says that the DNS cannot resolve an address when connecting to an online lobby. I’ve tried multiple DNS’s and flushed them using cmd and then registered it again as suggested by Xbox support team which didn’t help. I’ve seen multiple questions about fixing this but none seem to have a definitive answer. I’ve also tried looking in windows settings and seeing if the teredo state is okay and everything seems alright.

Any support is appreciated as I’m quite invested into this game

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T16:42:37+00:00

    Should work! GL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T16:33:44+00:00

    Just updated windows and have launched forza. Wish me luck chief.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T16:26:56+00:00

    Just Update ur Windows to latest version.
    Seriously.

    This action helped me solve the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T14:38:27+00:00

    Same error. I've tried every tutorial and instruction on YouTube, forza forum and microsoft website, submitted tickets. And ended up losing all my progress of over 1.8 years. I feel like i am done with this game.

    You can request for all your cars back (basically everything in your inventory)  and you’ll get it back as a gift. But everything else is gone. I’ve lost all my progress recently and I got all my inventory back

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T06:55:24+00:00

    Same here, its been like this for about a month off and on. Reported to M$ and they are letting me know by the end of the week via email. Like everyone else ive tried all fixes. Auction house is live and i can buy and sell. I just cannot race online with other people. Exact same issues with a few random ipsec error messages thrown in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments