IPSEC 0x89232001 Forza Horizon 4

Anonymous
2021-05-21T20:47:59+00:00

Hi there,

I’ve been getting an IPSEC 0x89232001 error in forza horizon 4 which says that the DNS cannot resolve an address when connecting to an online lobby. I’ve tried multiple DNS’s and flushed them using cmd and then registered it again as suggested by Xbox support team which didn’t help. I’ve seen multiple questions about fixing this but none seem to have a definitive answer. I’ve also tried looking in windows settings and seeing if the teredo state is okay and everything seems alright.

Any support is appreciated as I’m quite invested into this game

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-21T22:40:56+00:00

    hi RGC. II'm Greg, an Independent Advisor.

    Did you see these resources for resolving IPsec issues with Forza yet?

    https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...

    https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_posts...

    https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_posts...

    https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_posts...

    https://windowsreport.com/forza-horizon-4-onlin... (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro and Reimage ads)

    https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54ttyw/...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gIxrBp_Ja0

    Based on the results you post back I will have other suggestions if necessary.

    ______________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments