IPSEC 0x89232001 Forza Horizon 4

Anonymous
2021-05-21T20:47:59+00:00

Hi there,

I’ve been getting an IPSEC 0x89232001 error in forza horizon 4 which says that the DNS cannot resolve an address when connecting to an online lobby. I’ve tried multiple DNS’s and flushed them using cmd and then registered it again as suggested by Xbox support team which didn’t help. I’ve seen multiple questions about fixing this but none seem to have a definitive answer. I’ve also tried looking in windows settings and seeing if the teredo state is okay and everything seems alright.

Any support is appreciated as I’m quite invested into this game

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-02T06:26:08+00:00

    I removed the antivirus and appeared online

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-01T05:21:40+00:00

    Well I CAN connect to sessions but i can stay in 1 for barely a min or twom anyone else facing the same thang?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-31T21:42:24+00:00

    OMG YES! THE SERVERS STARTED WORKING THIS WEEKEND! The relief. Well, looks like I wasted a lot of time doing nonsense and it was a server side issue. hopefully this gets fixed for other people as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-31T20:36:56+00:00

    I just tried the game again and online seems to be working now. I'm playing on PC if that matters.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-31T19:52:01+00:00

    So I can join a friends game yet it disconnects me roughly every 2 minutes saying error communicating with Xbox live. With no error code. It’s still annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments