thanks God! puzzle in my brain solved after few days
IPSEC 0x89232001 Forza Horizon 4
Hi there,
I’ve been getting an IPSEC 0x89232001 error in forza horizon 4 which says that the DNS cannot resolve an address when connecting to an online lobby. I’ve tried multiple DNS’s and flushed them using cmd and then registered it again as suggested by Xbox support team which didn’t help. I’ve seen multiple questions about fixing this but none seem to have a definitive answer. I’ve also tried looking in windows settings and seeing if the teredo state is okay and everything seems alright.
Any support is appreciated as I’m quite invested into this game
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-05-28T13:57:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-05-27T17:26:25+00:00 I have the same problem on xbox. I've been trying to fix it for the last two nights and I have tried almost every fix I can find nothing work's. port forwarded updated router cleared mac address changed dns server and have seen 3 ipsec codes 0x89232000, 0x89232001, 0x00000000. but now I'm fairly certain that its not on my end every other game works fine and I can even play the eliminator and adventure modes and join to a friends game. and have even managed to randomly find a game once on the fourth or sixth hour into my nights and even did a forzathon. but after that I couldn't find another game.
also I don't know if this helps anyone but I just found a game simply by spamming the play button every 5 10 seconds instead of waiting for it to time out.
-
Anonymous
2021-05-27T07:27:40+00:00 Yeah, my windows update didn’t fix the issue. RIP to forza severs/my sanity.
-
Anonymous
2021-05-27T07:21:16+00:00 I doubt the Windows 10 version can help with theese issues: I had it before installing the 21H1 update and I still have it now.
Tho the Xbox players seem to have the same problem.
Btw, the on screen message clearly indicates that it is a DNS / network issue :(
-
Anonymous
2021-05-26T18:16:48+00:00 Just Update ur Windows to latest version.
Seriously.This action helped me solve the problem.
I already tried that. It’s not a problem on the clients side it’s a server problem as said by Forza themselves, they’re currently investigating it.