I received warning for Win32/Defendertamperingrestore everyday

Anonymous
2021-04-13T08:00:37+00:00

I downloaded a pivot animator 3 months earlier 

It also downloaded a AVG antivirus free trial version.i deleted the antivirus and the pivot animator.it turned off my windows defender.i backed it up by seeing a youtube video but after that i am getting this win32/defendertamperingrestore everyday i scan and remove it idk how to fix it

I even tried after clearing my protection history

Pls help fast

P.S my laptops working absolutly fine

[Original Title: Malware]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-14T12:20:48+00:00

    U mean a normal windows defender offline scan or a full scan? And do I always have to do it now if I want to make sure everything is working alright?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-04-14T12:05:12+00:00

    Hi Helpmefastt

    The commands I provided executed correctly, I was expecting a few of them to be skipped, that is normal . . .

    The best option now is to perform a full Offline Scan with Defender to check your PS is secure . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-14T11:48:07+00:00

    the problem is gone but now am worried that does my computer have any other virus coz i think the commands u told me are skipping files because before all these commands my quick scan used to scan 40000 files but now it only does 18000 why?

    PLS HELP!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-04-13T13:01:27+00:00

    Hi Helpmefastt

    Yes, that is correct, your Defender will work fine, glad to Help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-13T12:54:46+00:00

    Btw my windows defender will work fine right?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments