HP Product number X6V89UA#ABL
Model 15-ay028ca
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
TLDR: Update page shows "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." for the last one week. It is still in Version 1909 Build 18363.1556.
Long story: It has been promising Feature update 2004 for quite a long time but did not really deliver. However, I had been getting regular security and quality minor updates. Around a month ago, when I started getting the end of service notifications for 1909 I tried to force updates by hitting "Check for updates" and it tried doing a huge download for 20H2. I think after a long installation process it aborted around 45% and rolled back. Tried a couple of times and the same result.
Now, I did a few methods suggested in various forums and Microsoft support sites like running update troubleshooter, a scan, running commands as administrator, setting right a few registry entries etc. I even rolled the last cumulative update for 1909 KB5003169 and it got reinstalled on the next reboot but the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." returned.
I am worried because I will be missing out important security updates given that 1909 has reached the end of service.
UPDATE: The error code against the update 20H2 update is given as 0xC1900101
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
HP Product number X6V89UA#ABL
Model 15-ay028ca
Yes, you can uninstall them.
Also, Can you let me know your PC make and exact model?
Thanks.
I tried updating driver for a bunch of devices that I think closely match those in the list but Windows claims that the best driver is already installed and reverts to Windows Update to find best match.
I notice that there are many device drivers that are hidden and turns out to be for devices like phones, external hard drives, USB devices, printers etc that I have once connected and don't actively use any more. May be I can uninstall them if that is ok but I don't know many of the PCI devices listed in the list.
Paul,
Thank you for taking the time and analysing the error logs.
The error logs give device names in unconventional names. The Device manage does not show such names. How do I find these devices in the device manager?
Or, is it possible to punch these numbers in Command Prompt and update or uninstall?
Thanks.
Sorry for the delayed response.
The Setuperr log indicates "SYSPRP SPPNP: Unable to install primitive drivers. Err = 0x13[gle=0x00000013]".
Then I checked setupapi.dev log.
>>> [Setup online Device Install (Hardware initiated) - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D23&SUBSYS_81EB103C&REV_21\3&11583659&1&FC]
>>> Section start 2021/05/20 21:42:25.354
<<< Section end 2021/05/20 21:42:25.354
<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0x00000013)]
>>> [Setup online Device Install (Hardware initiated) - HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C81EB&REV_1000\4&1ace480c&0&0001]
>>> Section start 2021/05/20 21:42:25.354
<<< Section end 2021/05/20 21:42:25.354
<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0x00000013)]
>>> [Setup online Device Install (Hardware initiated) - PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_81EB103C&REV_07\4&12dde4f3&0&00E0]
>>> Section start 2021/05/20 21:42:25.354
<<< Section end 2021/05/20 21:42:25.354
<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0x00000013)]
>>> [Setup online Device Install (Hardware initiated) - USB\VID_0BDA&PID_B008\00e04c000001]
>>> Section start 2021/05/20 21:42:25.369
<<< Section end 2021/05/20 21:42:25.369
<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0x00000013)]
>>> [Setup online Device Install (Hardware initiated) - USB\VID_04F2&PID_B52D&MI_00\6&362501d0&0&0000]
>>> Section start 2021/05/20 21:42:25.369
<<< Section end 2021/05/20 21:42:25.369
<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0x00000013)]
>>> [Setup online Device Install (Hardware initiated) - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D31&SUBSYS_81EB103C&REV_21\3&11583659&1&A2]
>>> Section start 2021/05/20 21:42:25.635
<<< Section end 2021/05/20 21:42:25.635
<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0x00000013)]
>>> [Setup online Device Install (Hardware initiated) - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3A&SUBSYS_81EB103C&REV_21\3&11583659&1&B0]
>>> Section start 2021/05/20 21:42:25.697
<<< Section end 2021/05/20 21:42:25.697
<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0x00000013)]
>>> [Setup online Device Install (Hardware initiated) - PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_81C1103C&REV_00\4&cba950d&0&00E5]
>>> Section start 2021/05/20 21:42:25.760
<<< Section end 2021/05/20 21:42:25.760
<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0x00000013)]
Please try to find these drivers in the Device Manager. Then update the driver if it's available, if not just uninstall and reinstall them.
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.