EOS ERR 1603 epic games online installer

Anonymous
2021-04-02T23:52:15+00:00

I keep getting this error message when triyng to install the epic games online services installer- EOS ERR 1603 - I already have Microsoft Framework 3.5 installed on my hard drive- not sure how to fix this- it seems to be making my EPic Games unusable which sucks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-19T00:33:59+00:00

    Greeting Greg Carmack,

    I have the same issue here is a screen cast of the error in question:

    Like the OP posted, that error details that .net 3.5 is needed, and like the OP I have .net 3.5 installed and yet I still encounter this error. I have reached out to EPIC and was referred to seek help from Microsoft. 

    All the above suggestions were of no help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-03T01:07:01+00:00

    Hi Beau. II'm Greg, awarded MVP for eleven years, Volunteer Moderator, and Independent Advisor here to help you until this is resolved.

    Can I see a screenshot of the entire error so I can see what you're seeing? Here's how to take one and attach using Attach Image button in reply box: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/o...

    There are fixes for known issues of Epic Games online services installer failing to install:

    https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games...

    https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games...

    https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games...

    https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games...

    Right click task bar to open Task Manager. If necessary show More Details

    On Details tab look for msiexec.exe, highlight to End Task.

    Now try install or uninstall again.

    If this doesn’t help you can try to Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/...

    This can be symptomatic of corruption. I would go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

    Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files, and also Step 16 to test a new Local Admin account. Then continue with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.

    Feel free to ask back any questions, or report back results as you go.

    _______________________________

    Linked tutorial is from a trusted Microsoft MVP

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments