EOS ERR 1603 epic games online installer

Anonymous
2021-04-02T23:52:15+00:00

I keep getting this error message when triyng to install the epic games online services installer- EOS ERR 1603 - I already have Microsoft Framework 3.5 installed on my hard drive- not sure how to fix this- it seems to be making my EPic Games unusable which sucks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-02T11:11:21+00:00

    For anyone who has this error and has Epic Games Launcher installed on a hard drive that isn't their Windows drive, I fixed the error by installing the launcher onto my Windows drive. That's the only fix I've found so far, it seems to be an issue with EGS not knowing how to install correctly on a non-windows partition.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-02T10:19:01+00:00

    Français :

    La solution au Problème de EOS-ERR-1603. En fait ce soucis viens quand on l'installe sur un autre disque dur que le C.

    Solution : 

    • L’installer normalement sur le disque C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games
    • Dans le dossier il y a DirectXredist  / Laucher / Epic Online Services

    - Il suffit de créer sur le disque que l’on souhaite mettre épic games un dossier du nom Epic games et déplacer le dossier DirectXRedist et Launcher dedans Exemple fait un dossier dans D:\Games\Epic Games et coller les 2 dossiers.

    • Laisser Epic Online Service dans C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games.
    • Recréer le raccourcis sur le bureau du launcher qui se trouve dans Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win64
    • Ensuite on peut lancer le launcher et plus aucun soucis d’erreur de EOS-ERR-1603.

    L’erreur venait du faite que le dossier Epic Online Services ne soit pas présent dans C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games


    ENGLISH

    The solution to the problem of EOS-ERR-1603. In fact this problem comes when we install it on a hard drive other than C.

    Solution :

    To solve the problem when you want to install the launcher on a hard drive other than The C:

    • Install it normally on the C disc: 'Program Files' (x86) Epic Games
    • In the folder there is DirectXredist / Laucher / Epic Online Services
    • Just create on the disk that you want to put epic games a folder of the name Epic games and move the folder DirectXRedist and Launcher in Example makes a folder in D: Games-Epic Games and paste the 2 folders.
    • Leave Epic Online Service in C: Program Files (x86) - Recreate the shortcuts on the launcher's desktop in Epic Games-Launcher-Portal-Binaries-Win64
    • Then we can launch the launcher and no more error concerns of EOS-ERR-1603.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-02T04:06:53+00:00

    Greetings,

    I was able to get the update installed, I'm not claiming that this is the solution, however this worked for me. I usually install EPIC on a separate drive than my main windows drive, so this time I updated my .Net to the latest (as of this post is 5.0) then I installed the Launcher on my main windows drive, during the install process it actually installed the online services at the same time. So my error was in this case fixed, not sure if it was from the update to .Net or if it was installing the Launcher on my main windows drive, but between the two the problem has been fixed for me, hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-02T03:53:24+00:00

    Same exact issue and upon running the .exe file manually I got the could not access network location which to me suggests something's wrong with the location of whatever it's trying to download and has nothing to do with .net which is rather funny to me as both Epic games and Microsoft, 2 rather large software companies, both seem to blame the same thing which I don't really think is the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-27T18:04:42+00:00

    Hi Greg Carmack,

    I'm also facing the same problem. I'm getting the same error-message when i try to install the new online-services from epic. If execute the setup manually, located in "EpicGames/Launcher/Portal/Extras/EOS/EpicOnlineServices.msi", it says: Could not access network location EpicOnlineServices\Services. After some research I found that this is may caused, if the shellfolders in the registry point to non existant paths, but I checked that and they all point to existing sources.

    I have brand new Windows 10 System and this seems to be the only issue. EpicGames itself works, also online.

    Would be nice to get a solution for this.

    Best Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments