The problem is how the Updates react to the quality of the underlying install. As I wrote, those with great installs don't suffer these problems. I haven't had an update bug for years, and then only once in WIndows 10. Those problems fall aside with a great install.
We know this because those who invest in the gold standard Clean Install (which includes everything that works best in Windows 10) never come back with further problems that I have ever seen, whereas those who opt to try to repair the present install continue to have problems. But your experience hopefully will be different, so I support doing the Repair Upgrade first per the steps I gave you.
Keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until the case is resolved.
I am curious as to how copying at boot from the temp account could make the files not read only as opposed to copying them from temp account in Windows? I was able to copy some files from Windows in the Temp account prior, but not all of the files, yet they are still all read only. Some files were not copied, and I am debating on whether or not to delete, and recopy them. I want to copy other files that were not copied to back them up. In the past, I had a similar issue when my Windows Vista computer crashed, and I had to copy the hard drive to this Windows 10 computer. When I copied the files from Windows Vista onto an external hard drive, they became "Read Only." However, they might have become "Read Only" when the previous hard drive crashed. This time, the profile is corrupted, and I am wondering how accessing Windows from the command prompt differs from logging into Windows, and if that will really disable the "read only" error, as the update seemed to change all files to "Read Only." It does seem like I need to delete a lot of files from an external hard drive, and try to copy them again, and then try to back up all files that were not copied. Please explain how copying them from the command prompt might override the "Read Only" problem. This is for the Windows 10 update problem. I would also like to know what you think about this:
https://www.techbout.com/fix-corrupt-user-profile-windows-10-9139/ it mentions editing the registry editor to fix the corrupted profile. i have seen this on a few pages.