I have a corrupted profile after a recent update. Can somebody help me figure out how to do a repair install?

Anonymous
2021-04-28T03:30:43+00:00

Fast traslate

Icon translate

I had previously requested help, but I had trouble getting assistance locally. I need to do a repair install. All files are read only, and I need to use a bootable media. I have heard that sandisk usb drives may require to be partitioned, and I do not have all the links except in one of these links:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-forced-an-update-didnt-recognize-my/9cf90e3a-8008-4538-8bd2-debf7d6049b3

or 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-crashes-windows-and-previous-update/0802d582-a89e-4f91-ae7a-1b89e8d962a3

I have to try to do the repair install, so I can back up all of my files. but I need to figure out how to change all read-only files so I can back them up.

Also, there is a new update, but I need to figure out if I should wait to update it until after I fix my profile. Right now, it is on a metered connection.

Please advise.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-18T04:14:25+00:00

    At tenforums, the main person who was responding now has refused to answer questions because I keep asking for solutions to read-only files, and other things that they are not answering and blocked me. I hope someone else will answer. Please look there, and if you can, answer here. Nobody is helping me. I still need to fix windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments