Let me know what happens when you create another Local Admin account like I wrote in my first post.
I am here to help you if you need it.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Fast traslate
Icon translate
I had previously requested help, but I had trouble getting assistance locally. I need to do a repair install. All files are read only, and I need to use a bootable media. I have heard that sandisk usb drives may require to be partitioned, and I do not have all the links except in one of these links:
or
I have to try to do the repair install, so I can back up all of my files. but I need to figure out how to change all read-only files so I can back them up.
Also, there is a new update, but I need to figure out if I should wait to update it until after I fix my profile. Right now, it is on a metered connection.
Please advise.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Let me know what happens when you create another Local Admin account like I wrote in my first post.
I am here to help you if you need it.
You should be able to access any Office suite and all other apps from the new account. If not I can help you reinstall them.
Have you created the new Local Admin account yet to try to copy the files over via C:\Users?
I have asked you to do this now at least six times. Why will you not perform the steps I gave you in my very first post? Instead you keep referring to copying out the files via Command Prompt which may not be necessary if you will only create the new Local Admin account following the exact steps I gave in my first post and then test if the files will copy and behave normally in the new account.
my software is in storage buried in boxes. I have not created a third account yet. I have not gone back to the first post yet partially because I have had to wait until today due to the need to get other help since I could not do it on my own; thus I have needed to keep the thread open. I also did not remember what it said. I refer to the command prompt as from my understanding, I would need to back up data, and could not simply copy all of my files to another profile very easily. It may be possible to copy C:/users to another directory, but from my understanding, other files may not transfer.
You should be able to access any Office suite and all other apps from the new account. If not I can help you reinstall them.
Have you created the new Local Admin account yet to try to copy the files over via C:\Users?
I have asked you to do this now at least six times. Why will you not perform the steps I gave you in my very first post? Instead you keep referring to copying out the files via Command Prompt which may not be necessary if you will only create the new Local Admin account following the exact steps I gave in my first post and then test if the files will copy and behave normally in the new account.
Where else do you have files besides in the User account folders?
From a new Local Admin account that is confirmed to have resolved the problems, to run a Repair Install you can download the latest ISO file from Media Creation Tool, double click it to mount and right click Setup to Run as Administrator.
Or you can create the bootable media so you have it to do the Clean Install if necessary, open the media to right click Setup to run as Admin. Follow the steps toward the bottom of the download page here in the section "Using the tool to create installation media:"
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/software-downlo...
For instance, I have the Office 2007 which is still in the temp account (and I assume it still is accessible in the corrupted profile), and it is hidden in Windows 10, and only accessible via shortcuts in ProgramData. I have fonts that I want to backup in Windows System. I am still assuming that I cannot simply go to the other Profile and copy them without still using the command prompt. I am also assuming that it is not guaranteed that it will override the Read Only status.
Where else do you have files besides in the User account folders?
From a new Local Admin account that is confirmed to have resolved the problems, to run a Repair Install you can download the latest ISO file from Media Creation Tool, double click it to mount and right click Setup to Run as Administrator.
Or you can create the bootable media so you have it to do the Clean Install if necessary, open the media to right click Setup to run as Admin. Follow the steps toward the bottom of the download page here in the section "Using the tool to create installation media:"