Very Frequent BSOD's on New PC

Anonymous
2021-04-02T14:30:02+00:00

Happened less frequent when I first got PC in October, has since gotten worse.  Mainly happens when playing games, but sometimes when just using PC.  Sometimes BSODs, sometimes system just totally freezes.  Have probably had the issue close to 20 times this week.

Specs: 10900K, RTX 3080, Corsair 850W PSU, 32 GB RAM.

Let me know if anything else is needed, I am attempting to link the dump files after following instructions.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkgjj8jfZP0DvTwClA?e=jMjRka

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-08T18:19:09+00:00

    I really hope it is not the CPU :(  I wonder how all the CPU tests keep passing then?!

    I will do that with Intel Turbo Boost, do I disable that from the BIOS?  I have everything else in BIOS set to default.  The only thing I did have enabled was XMP Profile I.  I also recently just turned that off about an hour ago, and selected 3200mhz and kept XMP disabled.  I am not sure if that could have been causing anything?  But from what you are saying it sounds like it is not, because info is pointing towards the CPU.

    I have not had any BSODs outside of Tarkov today, although the other day I sent you one from Call of Duty I think, but those occurances (during other games) can probably be counted on one hand, dating back to whenever I got the computer in October.  On the other hand, Tarkov has probably made it crash 100 times.  I am sure it is more of a graphically intensive game, compared to the other games I play.  It is weird though because it usually crashes in the menus, like my picture above shows.  Although today it did crash twice during actual gameplay.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-08T20:24:51+00:00

    Hey there Brandon!

    Yes, it's very important that you turn off your XMP profiles. I can't believe I didn't tell you before. Everything to default, XMP profiles turned off and Intel Turbo turned off. The clock is crazy and is making the CPU not able to handle it, and any of these three could be causing it.

    It's an option that should be available in the BIOS, let me know if it doesn't appear so I can take a look.

    Hugs and best of luck,

    Miguel Ángel :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-08T20:50:53+00:00

    I will try all of this. Probably a dumb question, but is there a difference between me enabling XMP and me setting it at 3200? Or should I just leave it at the default of 2133 or whatever it is?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-09T11:13:06+00:00

    So not sure if I stumbled across something this morning, but I downloaded Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, just because you have mentioned a lot of dumps pointing towards the CPU.  On it, it has a CPU stress test feature. 

    I ran a 10 minute Stress Test which did Pass, but for approximately 8 minutes of the stress test, my CPU Power Throttled. Now of course, me being fairly dumb when it comes to computers, I googled this, and it seems like it's more of an issue with laptops.  So I am wondering what this means and if this could possibly be the issue?  Do I need to change something in BIOS?  Or Windows power settings?  Or maybe this isn't even an issue at all, just thought I would throw it out there.  Maybe you could shed some light on this.

    Edit:  Wow, while searching some more specific to my motherboard and CPU I stumble upon this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ_AETO7Fn4

    If you can, please check this out, because a lot of it I do not understand if this could be the issue, and how to fix it.  It could be causing what I mentioned above possibly?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-09T16:02:41+00:00

    Hey there Brandon!

    CPU throttling means that the temperature was very high, and the CPU then preferred to decrease its power and performance to reduce the temperature. It's basically a temperatures thing. It's a minor issue that has to be solved by improving the ventilation conditions, either by replacing thermal paste or cleaning the fans. However, not really sure that would be an issue. PRIME95 and that utility too stress the CPU to its maximum, so that was expected.

    I watched the video. Could you please disable MCE in the bios? It should be in a section like 'Ai Tweaker', and it's called Multi Core Enhancement. It's basically a feature that increases the voltage to keep clock speed high, and that's one of the things that are shown in the minidumps. That causes overclocking and higher voltages, so it's better that we keep it turned off.

    With that turned off, the voltages and temperatures should go down. That should solve the issues, hopefully.

    Let me know how it goes, please.

    Miguel Ángel :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments