Very Frequent BSOD's on New PC

Anonymous
2021-04-02T14:30:02+00:00

Happened less frequent when I first got PC in October, has since gotten worse.  Mainly happens when playing games, but sometimes when just using PC.  Sometimes BSODs, sometimes system just totally freezes.  Have probably had the issue close to 20 times this week.

Specs: 10900K, RTX 3080, Corsair 850W PSU, 32 GB RAM.

Let me know if anything else is needed, I am attempting to link the dump files after following instructions.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkgjj8jfZP0DvTwClA?e=jMjRka

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T13:05:48+00:00

    I am sorry for your loss, prayers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T13:21:08+00:00

    Hey there Brandon!

    One of the minidumps seems to tell us that the system has crashed in a timeout with the processor not responding. This is definitely worrying me, so please run this test: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792...

    The second minidump seems to tell us that the system has crashed in a power transition. Probably from sleep to awake, or from a plan to another. This could be PSU-related, but we need to make fully sure. Can you please change your power plan to High Performance, and see?

    I'll check the components compatibility of your build, to see if there's anything that can't work together anyhow.

    Let me know how it goes,

    Miguel Ángel :)


    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it. All files have been analysed for malware with VirusTotal, and have shown a positive output, being completely safe to install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T13:27:47+00:00

    I am running the test now, will let you know the results.

    I had it in high performance mode already whenever it crashed, with it set to turn off display after an hour, and sleep never.  

    --- IPDT64 - Revision: 4.1.5.37

    --- IPDT64 - Start Time: 4/7/2021 9:24:38 AM


    -- Testing


    CPU 1 - Genuine Intel - Pass.

    CPU 1 - BrandString - Pass.

    CPU 1 - Cache - Pass.

    CPU 1 - MMXSSE - Pass.

    CPU 1 - IMC - Pass.

    CPU 1 - Prime Number - Pass.

    CPU 1 - Floating Point - Pass.

    CPU 1 - Math - Pass.

    CPU 1 - GPUStressW - Pass.

    CPU 1 - CPULoad - Pass.

    CPU 1 - CPUFreq - Pass.

    IPDT64 Passed

    --- IPDT64 - Revision: 4.1.5.37

    --- IPDT64 - End Time: 4/7/2021 9:28:30 AM


    PASS

    It looks like the test did Pass.

    Edit:

    Here is another dump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkglBD85yohZUq3v5L?e=2HoUg6

    The issue actually seems to be worsening, I can't even play a single game of Tarkov now.  But as you can see it does happen on other games as well, idk if Tarkov just ramps things up that it brings out whatever the issue is really quickly or what.  I am so confused I thought maybe I had it figured out with the Logitech driver issue :( so frustrated!

    Also not sure if it matters or not, but the last 2 crashes I did not even see a blue screen, the colors went crazy and screen went black and froze, then the computer restarted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T21:49:45+00:00

    Hey there Brandon!

    Thanks for the crazy colours detail. It's definitely helpful for what is going on. If you can, and if you have more PCIe slots, could you please change the graphics card to other one?

    I'm checking the dumps, but they give random crashes by random reasons. However, I'm collecting details to see if any match.

    We will run Furmark 3D to run a GPU test, which seems to be the culprit by the evidence given. You can download it here: https://geeks3d.com/furmark/

    Let me know how it goes as well.

    Hugs,

    Miguel Ángel :)


    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it. All files have been analysed for malware with VirusTotal, and have shown a positive output, being completely safe to install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T23:28:44+00:00

    So I have never used Furmark, but I selected my resolution 1440p, and fullscreen, then selected GPU stress test, and let it run for about 15 minutes, did not have issues, and GPU max temp was 70.  Is there something else I need to do to test it?

    Someone on a Reddit thread I have opened in Tarkov responded to me and said:

    New PC since February.

    This was happening with me, and my fix was that the chipset driver download listed for my mobo (asus z-390 a) had two required downloads: the actual chipset driver and a intel management engine update. Both were listed under the chipset driver category.

    I also updated BIOS, and double checked all the other mobo drivers.

    Not sure if this helps, but hopefully another scenario can shed light.

    Whenever I went to the update page you listed for my mobo, I downloaded only this chipset update:

    Version 2047.100.0.1039 2021/04/01 285.25 MBytes Intel Consumer ME driver V2047.100.0.1039 For Windows 10 64-bit.

    Is there something else for the chipset that I should have downloaded too?

    They also said this:

    I'm most definitely not a professional, so take this with a grain of salt. But I had the same issue.

    In my device manager, I had an error identifying the SM bus controller and PCI device. I was told by professional computer repair experts that this was an indicator that I need to update chipset drivers. The latest driver was the "Intel ME driver". The one before that, however, was listed as a "chipset driver". When I install the Intel ME driver, nothing changed. When I installed the chipset driver, I no longer had an error identifying those devices. Along with that, I haven't had any BSOD's since.

    One thing worth noting, is that updating chipset drivers can be risky, so definitely do research there.

    I don't mean to confuse the solution Miguel, I am just looking for anything, because none of the tests really seem to be failing.  So don't think I am trying to second guess you or anything, I just posted on that Reddit since it seems to mostly happen in Tarkov.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments