Thanks so much for the help Miguel, I will try doing everything and report back a little later today! :)
Very Frequent BSOD's on New PC
Happened less frequent when I first got PC in October, has since gotten worse. Mainly happens when playing games, but sometimes when just using PC. Sometimes BSODs, sometimes system just totally freezes. Have probably had the issue close to 20 times this week.
Specs: 10900K, RTX 3080, Corsair 850W PSU, 32 GB RAM.
Let me know if anything else is needed, I am attempting to link the dump files after following instructions.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-04-02T16:49:26+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-04-02T17:13:29+00:00 Perfect Brandon! Don't worry, it's all my pleasure as always.
Try it, and don't hesitate to get to me if you have any doubt at any point of the procedure. I'll keep an eye on the thread, so get to me whenever and I'll try to reply right away.
Hopefully, that'll solve the issue. Crossing fingers!
Best of luck once more,
Miguel Ángel :)
-
Anonymous
2021-04-02T19:41:35+00:00 So I successfully updated my BIOS, and all of the other items you have recommended.
A few things threw me off, but it doesn't seem like I messed anything up. Whenever I updated the SATA, it asked to switch to Intel Rapid Storage instead of AHCI, which I must have been using before. I know nothing about this.
Also, whenever I updated my BIOS I did see AURA RGB in my BIOS was turned on. I went ahead and turned it off. Is there anything else I need to do to actually uninstall it like you mentioned above?
I will do some gaming this weekend and see if my PC crashes or not and let you know!
-
Anonymous
2021-04-02T19:49:07+00:00 Hey there Brandon!
You didn't mess up at all! I'm so glad that you did all the updates by yourself, and succesfully! Wasn't difficult at all, was it? :)
About Rapid Storage, it doesn't matter much. It is a way that Intel has to use the storage, and it's basically an Intel complement. If I remember my first diagnostic, I saw that you had Intel Rapid Storage drivers (iaStorAC). Did you choose to disable it? Intel Rapid Storage may sometimes cause BSODs, so if you chose to use the AHCI standard, that's much better as for troubleshooting.
About AURA RGB, that's basically the lighting of your motherboard. Let's turn it off by now, just to troubleshoot where the issue comes from. You did well!
That's perfect, spend some time gaming and let me know how it goes! If I were you, I'd choose the power plan of High Performance if you haven't already. That will make your gaming experience much better :)
Let me know how it goes, and enjoy gaming! Best of luck!
Miguel Ángel :)
-
Anonymous
2021-04-02T20:18:06+00:00 Not too bad at all, there were a few moments I was afraid of messing something up, but it worked out!
Hm honestly I didn't think the Rapid Storage was on, because whenever I went to install the SATA driver it asked me to turn it on basically, and it did whenever it updated. I totally may be wrong though, like I said I know nothing about it.
Hopefully it all works out, and I will chose High Performance :)
Thank you!