Very Frequent BSOD's on New PC

Anonymous
2021-04-02T14:30:02+00:00

Happened less frequent when I first got PC in October, has since gotten worse.  Mainly happens when playing games, but sometimes when just using PC.  Sometimes BSODs, sometimes system just totally freezes.  Have probably had the issue close to 20 times this week.

Specs: 10900K, RTX 3080, Corsair 850W PSU, 32 GB RAM.

Let me know if anything else is needed, I am attempting to link the dump files after following instructions.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkgjj8jfZP0DvTwClA?e=jMjRka

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-04T14:39:10+00:00

    Good morning Miguel, I was actually just responding!

    I have been running PRIME95 for about 5.5 hours or so.  My CPU has been staying fairly steady at around 77 deg C.  The max that it did reach was 83 deg C.  Never went over 85.

    Now if I scroll down, there were a few of the cores that reached just over 85 deg, with the highest being 88.  Not sure if that is a sign of any issue, but my PC has never crashed during this test either.  Anything else I need to do with PRIME95?  Or we good there?  I am going to go for a walk, and then will come back and try verifier.  I will let you know the results.  Thanks so much! :)  Hope you are having a great day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-04T14:31:22+00:00

    Hey there Brandon!

    Okay, do PRIME95 and then let's do a Driver Verifier test following the steps below:

    1. Please, create a restore point before starting all these steps.
    2. Click on Windows search tab and type 'verifier'. Press Enter.
    3. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next".
    4. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next".
    5. Select everything expect for "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" (both random and systematic) and click "Next".
    6. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
    7. Select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
    8. Select "Finish" on the next page.
    9. Reboot your computer and wait for it to give a BSOD.

    If it BSODs, it'll show DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (xxxxx.sys). Please, share that error code with me along with the .DMP file it creates.

    To stop it, go back in and select "Delete existing settings" on the first page of Driver Verifier.

    If the BSOD appears exactly when booting, and doesn't let you go past it, you can go into Safe Mode and deactivate it from there. If it doesn't let you access Safe Mode to disable it, you can as well go into Recovery screen, open the Command Prompt and run verifier /resetverifier . This will deactivate Driver Verifier automatically.

    Let me know how it goes! Hugs,

    Miguel Ángel :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-04T00:43:04+00:00

    Memtest is still running. Going on 4.5 hours so far, no errors. Anything about the other dump, or about what I mentioned with verifier and Logitech GHub?

    Edit:

    Memtest passed after like 6 hours, no errors.  Played a game for a couple of hours successfully... then a crash.  While playing a different game (Warzone).  Tomorrow I will try the PRIME 95 test.  I am posting the new dump file below:

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkgj4g_AL9xf6Mwx_O?e=vjuMEs

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-03T13:47:15+00:00

    I am going to try the tests you mentioned when I get home. 

    Not to go ahead any of the troubleshooting steps, but I will say when I tried verifier before and selected the 4 Logitech G Hub, gaming software drivers, it did make my PC blue screen, but I think it was like Watch Dog rather than Whea or something different. And all that I selected when I ran verifier were the Logitech drivers. This was like last week. Not sure if this means anything, but I figured I would share. 

    I just really hope it isn’t a hardware issue like my CPU, RAM, or PSU :(

    Let me know if you see anything new from that second dump, thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-03T13:11:00+00:00

    Hey there Brandon!

    I'm going to check on the minidump in a bit. Try installing MEMTEST86 from www.memtest86.com instead :)


    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it. All files have been analysed for malware with VirusTotal, and have shown a positive output, being completely safe to install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments