Very Frequent BSOD's on New PC

Anonymous
2021-04-02T14:30:02+00:00

Happened less frequent when I first got PC in October, has since gotten worse.  Mainly happens when playing games, but sometimes when just using PC.  Sometimes BSODs, sometimes system just totally freezes.  Have probably had the issue close to 20 times this week.

Specs: 10900K, RTX 3080, Corsair 850W PSU, 32 GB RAM.

Let me know if anything else is needed, I am attempting to link the dump files after following instructions.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkgjj8jfZP0DvTwClA?e=jMjRka

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-05T13:44:45+00:00

    Hey Miguel

    So you are saying to run verifier without anything plugged in?  How can I log in with everything disconnected including my monitor though?  And you are saying select everything except for Microsoft items like before correct?

    Idk about the GPU suggestion, this is my third GPU due to RMAs and problems with previous ones.  I have sort of had these problems all along with each GPU.  And the updates you pointed me towards the other day I believe did update my onboard GPU.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-05T13:18:39+00:00

    Hey there Brandon!

    Driver Verifier is complaining about HID. That means, something is plugged in and has made it blue-screen, or something is wrong with the drivers. Try to run it without anything plugged in, and let's see.

    By what you said last time, Logitech drivers caused the PC to bluescreen. Just check that nothing like that is plugged in. We need to try to make Driver Verifier run without any BSOD (and for that reason, we need to eliminate all the possible issues).

    It may be GPU related, as well. Make sure both your dedicated graphics and on-board graphics (if any) are fully updated, along with all the other drivers, please, and disconnect basically everything while Driver Verifier runs (external monitors, USB complements, even keyboard and mouse if you can while it boots).

    As a last resource, you could do a backup of all your files and we can try to reinstall Windows to see if this all continues going on, but let's hope Driver Verifier can find something.

    Best of luck,

    Miguel Ángel :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-05T10:24:41+00:00

    It's pretty bad now, another crash this morning :(  so frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-04T17:19:05+00:00

    As we expected, verifier did make my PC blue screen very quickly twice right after I logged in.  I am linking the 2 new dump files below:

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkgkK8LLE2FUaECts8?e=uyhOdV

    Edit: Also the BSOD did not say anything about driver verifier. It was “system thread exception not handled”. 

    Edit: I tried out another mouse a little bit ago (Zowie) when I was playing a game, had another crash, also posted below:

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkgkULbRDaHgyB13pN?e=0LN5wj

    Edit again:  Another one after I rebooted, disregard last link, both are in this one:

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkgkcKpcREK4QAXGmj?e=MeAPLR

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments