Very Frequent BSOD's on New PC

Anonymous
2021-04-02T14:30:02+00:00

Happened less frequent when I first got PC in October, has since gotten worse.  Mainly happens when playing games, but sometimes when just using PC.  Sometimes BSODs, sometimes system just totally freezes.  Have probably had the issue close to 20 times this week.

Specs: 10900K, RTX 3080, Corsair 850W PSU, 32 GB RAM.

Let me know if anything else is needed, I am attempting to link the dump files after following instructions.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkgjj8jfZP0DvTwClA?e=jMjRka

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-03T13:11:00+00:00

    Hey there Brandon!

    I'm going to check on the minidump in a bit. Try installing MEMTEST86 from www.memtest86.com instead :)


    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it. All files have been analysed for malware with VirusTotal, and have shown a positive output, being completely safe to install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-03T12:50:47+00:00

    I am trying to do the MEMTEST86+, I followed your steps and it looks like it installed to my USB.  The I restarted my PC keeping USB inside, and it just booted back into windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-03T12:34:14+00:00

    Another one just occurred, here is updated link.

    Yeah it definitely normally happens on that game mainly, but sometimes on others.  More often than not it is on that game though, just happened whenever I tried to play the Tarkov again, in the menus, not even in the actual game.

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkgj4g_AL9xf6Mwx_O?e=15t02g

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-03T12:31:16+00:00

    Hey there Brandon!

    Well, bad news. That minidump is blaming hardware directly. I have noticed that all the BSODs occur when playing "Escape from Tarkov", that's weird as well.

    Let's run some hardware checks, just so we can breath in that aspect:

    1. MEMTEST86+
    1. Get a USB and plug it in your computer.
    2. Download the USB MEMTEST86+ installer from http://www.memtest.org/download/5.31b/memtest86...
    3. Extract the file and execute the file inside.
    4. Follow the instructions the installer gives until it finishes.
    5. Reboot your computer keeping the USB inside. It'll boot into MEMTEST86+.
    1. PRIME95
    1. Download PRIME95 from http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/
    2. Download an utility to check CPU temperature, so we can control that CPU doesn't go crazy. I suggest: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    3. Extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice.
    4. Double click on the executable file.
    5. Select "Just stress testing".
    6. Select the "Blend" test.

    During this process, make sure that CPU temperatures don't go further than 85ºC. If they do, stop the test INMEDIATELY and consider that the CPU is either overclocked or there are being problems.

    I'd recommend running the CPU test for 6 hours, but you can run it less time and just state how long it has run for.

    The test fails if it BSODs during the test or if PRIME95 shows any error during the process.

    If hardware tests go perfectly okay, we'll run Driver Verifier to see if there's any driver misbehaving.

    Let me know how it goes, please! Hugs,

    Miguel Ángel :)


    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it. All files have been analysed for malware with VirusTotal, and have shown a positive output, being completely safe to install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-03T12:25:24+00:00

    I got another Blue Screen playing a game this morning, I thought I was in the clear last night because I didn't have any issues.  Sometimes it is like that, I will go a night no issues, then the next day get 15 of them.  Posting the link to the file below.

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjxBjN1HNBpkgj4g_AL9xf6Mwx_O?e=Rsbg7t

    I did not have another mouse to use other than my Logitech, so if that is the issue causing all of this, I can run out and get one today.  I just didn't know if this dump would show something new :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments