DYMO Printer is printing a blank label after update the windows to latest update.

Anonymous
2021-03-11T09:53:53+00:00

I am from DYMO.

DYMO is making the label printers.

Consumer who update their windows 10 to latest version of update are having a problem with the printers.

Blank label are printed out. 

If we ask them to roll back the update, it started working fine.

What could be the solution for it?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T12:10:14+00:00

    Nope, I was using Chrome, did not download. Downloaded immediately when I used Edge. Does not explain why it won't download in Windows update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T12:25:27+00:00

    I am please to report that my Dymo printer is now working correctly after installing KB5001649. Thanks for the info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. JuliaMarvin 22,915 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-19T12:27:59+00:00

    Nope, I was using Chrome, did not download. Downloaded immediately when I used Edge. Does not explain why it won't download in Windows update.

    - 

    Well, downloading with Firefox was working fine.

     WRT to update via Windows Update:

    "The error code 0x80070541 stands for ERROR_INVALID_GROUP_ATTRIBUTES – so something is broken there" 

    > https://borncity.com/win/2021/03/19/windows-10-update-kb5001649-fails-with-install-error-0x80070541-march-18-2021/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T16:49:41+00:00

    After downloading and installing KB5001649 and also updating DYMO software from their website the Label Writer Software 8.7.4 works. But third party software using Dymo .NET is now crashing at startup.

    System.IO.FileLoadException: "DYMO.Common, Version=8.7.4.48933, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5426002a38745af9"

    Before this just blank labels came out....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-20T19:27:12+00:00

    I am using Dymo Connect 1.3.2.18.  I did have the blank label problem, my Win 10 updates are fully up to date, too.  Now I am able to print labels, but they do not conform to layout, alignment or spacing as I typed and edited the label. The moment you press "Print" the on-screen edited label loses alignment, spaces are deleted and little boxes appear between words at random.  Dymo just advised me to upgrade to the version of Dymo Connect which I already have installed. If there has been a new patch for Win 10, it hasn't worked.  DYMO LABEL PRINTER IS NO LONGER USABLE.  I really don't care whether the problem is in Windows or Dymo software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments